Add your review of Dr Christopher Willars

Anaesthetics and ITU

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.
   or

Dr Christopher Willars

The Liver Intensive Care Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for the management of liver disease. We have a special interest in the management of acute liver failure, complications of portal hypertension and chronic liver disease and liver transplantation. The unit treats more patients with acute liver failure than any other centre in the world and supports Europe's largest transplantation programme. We are a regional referral centre for Hepatobiliary and pancreatic disorders and liver trauma. We also admit patients from other disciplines, and have a pedigree in the management of complex haematology, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgical patients requiring circulatory support (including mechanical assist) and general medical and surgical patients. All modalities of organ support are available on-site and new treatments and techniques are constantly being evaluated. We offer a ‘one-stop’ centre for a range of critical illnesses. We are one of a very few providers worldwide who are able to offer this facility and are among the best of breed globally. The unit offers highly specialist, aggressive treatment which is distinctive from conventional intensive care. We are unique in the UK and other hospitals refer to us, often in life-saving situations.

Specialties