Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Very pleasant, very well informed. Already ready to answer questions and volunteer information.

31st August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr Lawrence has always been the person I have asked for when attending Renal appointments at Lister hospital. Dr Lawrence actively listens during visits and has an easy going/genuine approach that puts you at you ease and allows you to discuss any concerns or queries regarding your treatment. Dr Lawrence not only has a comprehensive knowledge of the medical aspects of my condition, but also understands the emotional and practical side of things that relate to this. I can not rate his caring attitude and professionalism higher.

29th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

What an amazing doctor, I have so much trust in him with my life. When I go to see this doctor for my transplant clinic he always tells me how it is and never beats around the bush and straight to the point especially when my blood pressure is high. I’m so greatful for everything he has done for me

28th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Absolutely first rate in every respect- a doctor who cares about his patients, and gives the most thorough care. I cannot recommend this doctor highly enough as an exemplar of his profession-would that the Hospital gave him (and his colleagues) the infrastructure in the clinic that they deserve- the rooms are shabby and to have to discuss the details of one's diet and medicines with no privacy (in the waiting room!) is disgraceful.

17th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I see different specialist doctors but Dr Lawrence is the best. After my kidney transplant 5 years ago he has always been very encouraging and takes his time to patiently explain what is going on with my health. He is very professional but also manages to put me at ease so that I’m relaxed. If I have any concerns about my care and health he is supportive and he listens patiently. He helps me in accessing the right support that is available to me and I can count on him to be honest with me all the time without scaring me. He is a great doctor and goes the extra mile for his patients despite his busy schedule. If I had to choose doctors I would choose the ones that had his work ethic. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor and I am sure that all his patients would agree with me.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists