Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

19th September 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Excellent manor very caring and frank.

14th September 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

He has a caring, positive attitude and explains things in a way in which even I can understand.

8th September 2018
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Dr Lawrence took the time to understand not just the symptoms presented but also any previous medical history. I felt he was genuinely concerned about my recovery and treatment even after he had referred me onto his Urology colleague. This included visiting me after being admitted to hospital to check everything was fine and to ensure I understood what was happening and the next steps for my recovery in relation to my kidneys. He also outlined the long term prevention plan (i.e. over the counter medications to avoid) and monitoring options to ensure proper recovery. His approach is always friendly, easy to talk to, professional and has given me confidence and assurance over my kidney health in the future.

8th September 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Dr Lawrence has a very easy, open, pleasant and friendly manner. He puts you totally at ease and does not rush you. He is also very willing to explain, in simple terms, together with functional diagrams your problems and the way forward for treatment. Dr Lawrence gives you positive confidence that he can help even though he might not be able to cure you. He is very supportive of the team he leads both his colleagues and the nursing staff who run his clinic. He is an excellent doctor and has helped me a lot.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

When I see him in clinic he listen to want I tell him about my condition and how I feel in language I understand. He takes time to explain in detail about the medicine I have to take and what their function is.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists