dr-chinedu-nwokoro

10th April 2020

An excellent doctor, available and prepared. When we contacted him he immediately answered and was constantly in touch until he was able to confirm the appointment. During the appointment, he visited our son scrupulously, asking many questions to get familiar with all the important anamnesi of his new patient. He was always kind and he showed care and attention beyond the expectations. After a very detailed visit he also remained available, supporting us via email and phone. We were so lucky to find him and we will always contact him in case of necessity in the future. He is an excellent doctor and we are hugely grateful for his expertise.

11th April 2020
Response from Dr Chinedu Nwokoro

Thank you for this very generous review. Much appreciated.

6th April 2020

A very thorough conversation, and possible solutions that had not been considered before. Thank you.

6th February 2020

Excellent doctor who took into consideration all the lifestyle aspects of the baby.

6th February 2020
Response from Dr Chinedu Nwokoro

Very kind. Thank you so much!

28th December 2019

He was so engaging, listened, repeated back to ensure he had interpreted what I said correctly, was open direct and honest and fantastic with lorcan. Nothing was too much trouble he wanted to get to the bottom of what was troubling lorcan and left no stone unturned. If only all doctors were like him! I left feeling lorcan was in good hands and in the knowledge that I could email any questions I had. The report back to my GP was the same day despite it being The run up to Christmas which was exceptional service.

28th December 2019
Response from Dr Chinedu Nwokoro

I can’t thank you enough for both a remarkably enjoyable consultation and such a generous appraisal of our clinic. Please do email any questions and have a wonderful new year. Dr Chin

Introduction I am Chinedu Nwokoro and I am an NHS children’s doctor. I see non-NHS patients at the Wellington Hospital in Elstree WD6 3BS and also at One Hatfield AL10 9UA. I see children with all kinds of medical issues and try to offer a holistic, responsive, sympathetic but fundamentally evidence-based approach to the problems I encounter. My Ethos Three principles underpin the care I offer I’ll listen - to you and to your child. I’ll listen thoroughly and without prejudice, not only to the story you have to tell but also to the things you want from your appointment. Only then will I consider performing any examination or test, because it is only at that point that we will have clarified the specific questions we aim to answer. I’ll be honest - If I determine that I am not the best fit for your child I’ll refer you to one of a comprehensive network of colleagues who may be better placed to assist without delay. I will treat you and your child with the same respect and care I would demand for my wife and daughters, but I will tell you the truth, even where it is at odds with what you may wish to hear. I’ll be kind - it is my belief that the therapeutic relationship is most effective where there is mutual trust, and that trust is rooted in honest communication conducted in a way that promotes relaxation in parent, child and doctor. I hope that through honesty and kindness both you and your child will come to trust me, to our mutual benefit. Education and Training Educated to A-level in Hertfordshire, I graduated in medicine from Jesus College, Cambridge in 2000. After a year of adult medicine and two years training in paediatric neurology, metabolic paediatrics and neonatology in Cambridgeshire I proceeded to London, moving through cardiorespiratory paediatrics and transplantation at Great Ormond Street Hospital, general and developmental paediatrics at Ealing Hospital, and paediatric and neonatal intensive care at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington. I undertook my higher specialist training in respiratory paediatrics at the Royal London, Norfolk and Norwich and Addenbrooke's Hospitals before taking up a part-time locum consultant post in general and respiratory paediatrics whilst I completed my research degree. I am dual certified in general paediatrics and respiratory paediatric medicine. Clinical and Teaching Since 2013 I have been lead consultant for children's asthma and chronic lung disease at Barts Health NHS Trust, with responsibility for improving asthma outcomes across the North East London STP footprint. As part of a team of four respiratory specialists I manage complex respiratory problems including cough, wheeze, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, empyema, sleep-disordered breathing, tracheostomy and non-invasive ventilation and provide flexible bronchoscopy, allergy testing and lung function testing where required. In addition I provide tertiary difficult asthma service for North East London and Essex. I am joint course director for the London Paediatric Respiratory rolling teaching programme The Lung in Childhood, course director for the Barts Health Asthma Study Day, and a faculty member for several postgraduate paediatrics courses as well as Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Paediatrics at Queen Mary, University of London. Research Interests I completed a 4-year research doctorate concerning the genetics of wheezing treatment in preschool children under the supervision of Professor Jonathan Grigg. My other research interests include the role of air pollution in child health and the causes of wheezing in young children. My work has been published in the Lancet Respiratory Medicine, the British Medical Journal, the European Respiratory Journal and Paediatric Respiratory Reviews, and I have spoken at major national and international conferences in Europe and the US. I remain research active in my current role, serving as local principal investigator for a number of studies. Medicolegal Work I provide medicolegal reports for general and respiratory paediatric matters, and have served as a witness of fact in coroner’s inquests, lessons from the forensic study of these cases informs and improves the care I offer my patients. Solicitors wishing to instruct me in matters within my expertise should contact me at childchestclinicgmail.com. Extracurricular Activity For several years I was both paediatric medical officer for Transplant Sport UK, and also sang in an amateur funk band. A keen cyclist, runner and skier, I live with my wife and two daughters in Hertfordshire.

Nearest Paediatricians