Dr Charles Tomson

• Nephrology

12th September 2017
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

Dr Tomson "Charlie" has been treating me for high blood pressure and kidney function for almost 3 years now. He is very personable, caring and I trust him with my healthcare. He makes me feel that I have his full attention and I am confident that I am getting the best possible treatment. I feel safe that he is helping me to manage my health to the best possible outcome. All of the staff in his Friday afternoon clinic are lovely to deal with and I am sure that it is his example that helps to achieve such a high standard by everyone.

9th September 2017
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

I have been seeing Dr Tomson for approx 1 year. I find him to be exceptionally knowledgeable not only with my kidney problems but also with my main illness which is the cause of my poor kidney function. I find Dr Tomson to be easy to talk to , he listens to my concerns and gives clear responses, always explaining in an easy to understand manner. I always feel that he has my best interest at heart and although the clinic is always very busy I never feel that he rushes me and always takes the time to make sure I understand my treatment plan. Following my appointments my Gp and myself always receive a prompt follow up letter of the consultation.

7th September 2017
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

Dr Tomson conveyed the reassuring competence I look for in a doctor while treating me as an intelligent, whole person and not a condition. I believe that the effectiveness of any medical treatment has much to do with the patient's confidence in it, which at the micro level is engendered by the quality of the patient/doctor relationship. I have only seen Dr Tomson on two, quite brief, occasions but he seemed adept at creating a positive connection.

2nd September 2017
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

BEING A NEW DYALISIS PATIENT I FOUND THAT YOU ARE LEFT VERY MUCH IN THE DARK AS REGARDS YOUR TREATMENT AND I FOUND THAT I WAS JUST EXPECTED TO KNOW WHY CERTAIN THINGS WERE BEEN DONE,WHEN I FINALLY MET DR TOMSONI DID GET SOME UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WAS TO HAPPEN I DID THINK THAT AS A NEW PATIENT I WOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A BETTER EXPLANATION AS TO MY TREATMENT ONLY NOW RECEIVING MY FIRST CONSULTATION LETTER DO I BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND.

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

One immediately realises that one is talking to a nephrology authority. Dr Tomson has read ones file and relates quite clearly the clinical situation. HopI see him on my subsequent visits.

Nearest Nephrologists