Dr Catherine Turton

I qualified from the University of Leeds Medical School in 1994. I studied a broad range of hospital specialties after qualifying and then became passionate about General Practice after doing a training placement in Normanton. I find it a privilege to work closely with patients. It is important to me to provide individualised patient focused care which can be challenging in the current NHS climate. I have now been a general practitioner in Tadcaster since 1998 and work with a superb team of very able Doctors, Nurses and Support staff. I am married, with 4-children, and enjoy keeping fit. I have done three sprint triathlons and plan to do more!

7th January 2017
Written by a patient at Tadcaster Medical Centre

I had problems with tiredness that nobody else seemed to get to the bottom of, but Dr Turton was amazing and really listened to me and worked out that my thyroid was under active. She got me on treatment very promptly and ensured I was back to my normal lively self within a few months. I can't thank Dr Turton enough. She is an outstanding doctor who really cares.

Doctors working at Tadcaster Medical Centre