Dr Catharine Benson

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at Beaumont Street Surgery

Dr. Benson has been my Doctor for aver 20 years and I have always had excellent care. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at Beaumont Street Surgery

Dr Benson was incredibly practical, kind and thorough when dealing with a skin problem I had. An incompetent emergency doctor at another practise prescribed the wrong (too low) dosage of steroids which meant it was ineffective in treating the skin allergy that it was meant to treat. Another doctor then did not spot the incorrect dosage and prescribed an alternative treatment that didn't work either. It was Doctor Benson who went right back to the beginning, realised the initial dosage error and once she prescribed the correct dosage of steroids it cleared the allergy. Until that point I was in daily discomfort and I thought I had some auto immune disease. She was also incredibly sympathetic to the issues that initially triggered the allergy. I had a good cry in her room and she explored the possibility of lifestyle issues causing the allergy. She was right. I now have a better work life balance and no further occurrances of the allergy. She was brilliant and I am so grateful that she was so thorough in trying to work out why the allergy wasn't clearing. If she hadn't worked out the initial dosage error, I don’t know how much longer I would have gone from one treatment to the next, without any relief.

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at Beaumont Street Surgery

Dr Benson has been my GP for 7 years, and I like very much her style of communicating with patients and the care she gives. She helps put things into perspective, but also pursues every potential problem until it is solved or kept under control. She sounds realistic but kind, makes me feel that she respects my intellect and cares for my wellbeing, and I have complete trust in her decisions.

10th October 2016
Written by a patient at Beaumont Street Surgery

I saw Dr Benson over a period of 10 years while I was a patient at this practice. She is wise, helpful, practical and to the point. She was always willing to give extra attention when it was really important, and both her kindness and medical expertise made a big difference to me at difficult times.

24th March 2016
Written by a patient at Beaumont Street Surgery

Dr Benson is incredibly dismissive of mental health. I explained that I was really struggling from low mood, and was told that everyone feels sad sometimes and I needed to get over it (I have now been diagnosed by a different doctor with depression that I had already been suffering for 3 years before going to Dr Benson).