dr-bhavesh-raithatha

Dr Bhavesh Raithatha

Written by a private patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
3rd November 2022

After poor service from my own Dr I sought medical assistance via Spire Hospital in Leicester. It was swiftly identified that the best person to assist with the horrendous headaches I had been suffering with for around 4yrs was Dr Raithatha, due to his specialist knowledge in this field. My first appointment was on time & I felt that I was being listened to & given time to explain what had been going on. The treatment I required was identified & fully explained in details that I could understand. The date was set & I attended Spire Leicester for my treatment. Dr Raithatha came to see me prior to going to theatre, checked I still understood what was going to happen & checked I understood any potential side effects. After the procedure he again came to the room to check all was well. The follow up appointment was another great experience. I was allowed to explain how it had been following the procedure & we discussed future plans, as I will more than likely have to return for more treatment(s). At all times I was made to feel that I was being listened to & that my problem was something that could be treated. Dr Raithatha made me feel at ease on every meeting, including when we met in the theatre. I cannot speak highly enough for his professionalism, compassion & total understanding of how to help his patients. I would highly recommend Dr Raithatha to anyone needing the services he specialises in.

8th September 2022

The first time that I met Dr. Raithatha was at a routine consultation. .My overriding impression was that he CARED. I felt totally confident that he would endeavour to alleviate my health issues and pain. My health problem stems from a metal half hip replacement following a broken hip. . The Doctor put me totally at ease on the day of my procedure and any discomfort was minimal. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Raithatha.

9th May 2022

ed. ( I would add that the other three members of the team were excellent as well as the nurses and receptionists on outpatients three.) Consultations I met Bhavesh as he allowed me to call him for the first time in July 21 not long after surgery at the Leicester Royal Infirmary for another issue. Bhavesh’s expertise was in pain management and it was clear to me from the outset having met many doctors throughout my life that here was a gentlemen who really wanted to help. His management is person centred, caring and holistic supporting ongoing management for my physical and psychological well-being. After examination by Bhavesh It was suggested that Steroid injections would be appropriate for the management of my condition I can confirm that his professionalism and that of his team exceeds expectations as I am a patient with complex needs that are enduring and long-standing. The next consultation determined that 30 % improvement had been noted and this is deemed a success as regards Steroid injections as Bhavesh explained My experience within the service has indicated that Bhavesh has excellent communication skills and technical expertise in management of pain re my Pancreatic Insufficiency I would have no hesitation in recommending Bhavesh in any capacity relating to his expertise in pain management.

4th May 2022

I met Dr Raithatha for the first time when I returned to the Pain Clinic after the Pandemic. He was so caring & kind, and carried out my procedure with minimum discomfort, and this has given me a good reduction in my pain levels Today I met him again after my GP referred me back with different problems, he reassured me that he would try to find the cause of my new symptoms and never made me feel I was wasting his time, he really is excellent and I am very happy that he is now my Consultant.

30th April 2022

I highly recommend Dr Raithatha. He listened to my pain issues and spent time to explain what was causing it. I have had back and shoulder pain for a long time. I was nervous but he put me at ease. Thank you

Dr Raithatha graduated in 2008 from the University of Manchester; followed by training in Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine in Birmingham and Leicester. He underwent prestigious fellowships lasting 1 year each in the UK and Brisbane, Australia. He works full time at the Leicester General Hospital as a Consultant with a specialist interest in musculoskeletal, abdominal, chest, neck, cancer pain and widespread pain disorders (i.e. fibromyalgia).

He has an honorary contract with the LOROS hospice in Leicester and performs a variety of pain management strategies to improve the quality of life for palliative care patients. Dr Raithatha’s aim is to provide an improvement in pain whilst maintaining a holistic approach to their condition.

Nearest Pain medicine specialists