Dr Beth Glackin

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Acute Medicine

11th November 2017

Dr Glackin saw me in ACU department I had terrible stomach pains for 6 weeks I had been to the GP and had an endoscopy and was then referred to ACU. I couldn't of received better service - she listened to me and examined me and spoke to me in such a caring manner. She organised some blood tests and an X-ray and said she would ring me the next day - which she did and then said she would organise organise a CT scan within a couple of days and then rang me at home with the results. Her team on the ward were also lovely sister Lisa Dickinson put me at ease and told me not to worry and listened to my concerns. Dr Glackin is an absolute first class doctor and is so kind and caring and gets things rolling so quickly. Thank you so much to her Southport Hospital has one superstar working for them. I wish you the very best and can't thank you enough.

11th November 2017

Absolutely first class service from this wonderful caring doctor at Southport Hospital. Really looked after me and she pulled out all the stops for me to have tests very quickly and was so kind and understanding. Dr Beth Glackin even rang me at home to give me my results - thank you so much you couldn't get better service.

23rd August 2017

Dr. Beth Glackin reviewed me for severe abdominal pains on Thursday 17th August and sent me for a scan within an hour of my arriving at the hospital. This confirmed my condition as Gall Stones which have proved both painful and debilitating. Dr. Glackin then reviewed my case in depth face-to-face, in her office and booked a slot for the procedure which takes place Friday 25th August. This Gall-Stone problem has been a recurring issue, and has been dealt with in the most splendid and professional manner possible. I am deeply grateful for all the care, professionalism and kindness in ACU and IPU who have made my recent visits as comfortable and stress-free as possible. I am also grateful to the team at A&E department who "started the ball rolling" in this matter. They are angels. I am humbled.

20th May 2017

I was given by Dr Beth Glackin and the team excellent treatment and respect on the two occasions I had to visited the unit . Everything was fully explained and also the treatment that I was given .

10th May 2017

My Father was admitted to Southport A & E and then put on the emergency assessment unit off ward 10a. Dad was discharged after a few days with a follow up appointment when we saw Dr Glackin, she went through the tests results with us she was most helpful and really went out of her way to get some treatment sorted. Dad has been so unwell for 3 and half months with no diagnosis, and finally with the right Dr we can now see light at the end of the tunnel. Dr Glackin spent the time with us and made a simplified note for us to take away to help understand the medication and what we needed to do, after all these weeks of stress and worry and Dad having no quality of life she made everything seem so simple, and assured us that we can contact her if we needed anything at all, from myself my dad and the family we are so grateful for Dr Glackin's time today and the care provided whist Dad was in hospital wereally are

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists