Dr Benjamin Thomas

Dr Ben Thomas is a Consultant in Pain Medicine who works at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, in central London. Ben offers help for a range of conditions from those with acute and chronic spinal conditions, back pain, slipped disc, sciatica and facet joint pain, degenerative joint pain, and muscular injuries through to more complex neuropathic pain conditions, including post surgical pain and scar pain issues, post shingles pain and CRPS cases. Ben qualified from St Bartholomew's and the Royal London hospital in 2000, and completed training in Anaesthesia before undertaking the Advanced Pain Fellowship at Imperial School, and subsequently a paediatric pain fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

7th November 2019

Really great experience from get go. Follow up was especially good with numerous check-in calls after procedure to monitor progress. A plan was also put in place during the weekend in case pain returned to a 10. This was especially reassuring. Also communications with PA (Madolyn) were excellent as well. Perhaps unusually you got a sense she cared and checked in with advice on medication. Will be recommending to anyone I know who suffers with back and neck pain.

6th November 2019

Dr Thomas was eager to understand the exact nature of the pain that I had been suffering for many years. When I explained, he wanted to alleviate this pain as soon as was possible. Which, to me, showed great care and compassion. Dr Thomas delivered the greatest level of pain management at that very first appointment. Astonishingly my pain was reduced by 90 percent within minutes. This has continued, for which I am truly grateful. Dr Thomas has given me such confidence, by assuring me at a follow up appointment that he can make time to see me whenever I may need his assistance. I just wish that I had met Dr Thomas earlier.

5th September 2019

I am so grateful that my back injury was in hands of Dr Thomas. He has taken a lot of time to explain to me the anatomy of my injury (herniated disc), the realistic length of the healing process, possible treatments and their risks and his recommendation however he fully respected my choice of treatment. Dr Thomas is not only an expert in his field, he is also very caring and approachable. I trusted him and I felt safe in his hands. As expected, the procedure that I underwent (epidural steroid injection) went well with no complications and I am ever so happy to have been treated by Dr Thomas.

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
19th August 2019

I felt Dr Thomas showed great patience, empathy and understanding when dealing with me post op, i wish more Doctors dealt with patients in the manner he dealt with me, it felt like a very adult exchange working together to get the right solution bespoke to me, very unlike the usual lecture from the Doctor that knows best and my thoughts and opinions are irrelevant. An expert in his field without any doubt. Can’t recommend highly enough, a credit to his profession. Marc - London

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
3rd July 2019

Dr. Thomas began seeing me over 3 years ago. At the time, I'd tried several different treatments for chronic migraines - most of which came from the paediatric neurology department. When I first began seeing Dr. Thomas he didn't have much experience with migraine patients but was very eager to try out different treatments with me. We spent a clinic appointment going through several different courses of action - about which he was extremely honest and descriptive, so I knew exactly what I was getting into. After deciding on a treatment, I was swiftly booked in for the procedure. Dr. Thomas had not carried out this procedure before (nor had anyone else at the hospital), yet he did so with extreme precision. As I was awake throughout the procedure, he talked me through exactly what he was doing, when he was doing it to ensure I was aware. At several points throughout the procedure he asked me if I was comfortable and willing to continue - my comfort was always at the forefront of his mind. A few months after the procedure, we had a clinic review appointment (I'd only seen limited results), we decided to do the procedure again (albeit for slightly longer) and if results didn't improve, we'd try a different procedure - he was always able to suggest a solution. After a repeat of the procedure, we saw much improved results. Since then, Dr. Thomas has been available to carry out the procedure on short notice, when required (I've had it done about 6 times). We regularly have review appointments in clinic and after 3 years of treatment, my quality of life has significantly improved - thanks to Dr. Thomas. Dr. Thomas cares deeply about his patients and is always available to talk anything through and help out where possible. He is extremely trustworthy and has always taken an interest in my studies and endeavours outside of our procedures - making me feel far more comfortable around him. I would highly recommend.

Short link to review Dr Benjamin Thomas: http://iwgc.net/efs2w