Dr Benjamin M Thomas

Dr Thomas is a Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia. Dr Thomas works in both the NHS and in the private sector, where he provides anaesthesia for surgeries including Colorectal, Craniofacial, Cosmetic and Orthopaedic surgery. He has additional qualifications and experience in the specialist field of Pain Medicine and has an interest in neuropathic pain, spinal medicine, and complex regional pain syndrome. He provides diagnostic and therapeutic services in pain medicine across both adult and paediatric age groups.

• Anaesthetics and ITU
  • Pain medicine

28th November 2016
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

As a mum with three little ones under 3 years of age, I was mostly terrified of my operation due the thought of being knocked out by a general anaesthetic for at least 4 hours! Especially as previous general anaesthetics had left me extremely sick and drowsy for days. Dr Ben Thomas was outstanding. He listened to me and understood my concerns, altered the approach accordingly and provided lots of reassurance before the operation, instantly making me feel safe. I was amazed after the operation how I wasn't sick, I didn't have a heavy head nor did I even feel drowsy, it was very impressive. Dr Ben Thomas also managed my pain post operation - taking an anaesthetist role above and beyond what I expected. He took a completely holistic approach- from reassuring me before the operation, keeping me safe during the op, monitoring my pain levels up until my discharge to make sure I went home with the right pain relief. Having this support post operation eased my pain and recovery immensely. I would highly recommend Dr Ben Thomas, he's the perfect anaesthetist.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists