Dr Benjamin Thomas

Dr Ben Thomas is a Consultant in Pain Medicine who works at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, in central London. Ben offers help for a range of conditions from those with acute and chronic spinal conditions, back pain, slipped disc, sciatica and facet joint pain, degenerative joint pain, and muscular injuries through to more complex neuropathic pain conditions, including post surgical pain and scar pain issues, post shingles pain and CRPS cases. Ben qualified from St Bartholomew's and the Royal London hospital in 2000, and completed training in Anaesthesia before undertaking the Advanced Pain Fellowship at Imperial School, and subsequently a paediatric pain fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic
18th December 2019

Dr. Thomas was amazing. He made sense of a complicated tangle of issues spanning several other consultants over 6 months. He brought all the symptoms together and found an issue that had been overlooked and gave me a treatment that ended years of sometimes debilitating pain. Aside from his competency he was extremely patient and kind taking the time to explain in detail and showing a genuine concern for my welfare and the worries that both me and my family were experiencing. Highly recommend

7th November 2019

Really great experience from get go. Follow up was especially good with numerous check-in calls after procedure to monitor progress. A plan was also put in place during the weekend in case pain returned to a 10. This was especially reassuring. Also communications with PA (Madolyn) were excellent as well. Perhaps unusually you got a sense she cared and checked in with advice on medication. Will be recommending to anyone I know who suffers with back and neck pain.

6th November 2019

Dr Thomas was eager to understand the exact nature of the pain that I had been suffering for many years. When I explained, he wanted to alleviate this pain as soon as was possible. Which, to me, showed great care and compassion. Dr Thomas delivered the greatest level of pain management at that very first appointment. Astonishingly my pain was reduced by 90 percent within minutes. This has continued, for which I am truly grateful. Dr Thomas has given me such confidence, by assuring me at a follow up appointment that he can make time to see me whenever I may need his assistance. I just wish that I had met Dr Thomas earlier.

5th September 2019

I am so grateful that my back injury was in hands of Dr Thomas. He has taken a lot of time to explain to me the anatomy of my injury (herniated disc), the realistic length of the healing process, possible treatments and their risks and his recommendation however he fully respected my choice of treatment. Dr Thomas is not only an expert in his field, he is also very caring and approachable. I trusted him and I felt safe in his hands. As expected, the procedure that I underwent (epidural steroid injection) went well with no complications and I am ever so happy to have been treated by Dr Thomas.

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
19th August 2019

I felt Dr Thomas showed great patience, empathy and understanding when dealing with me post op, i wish more Doctors dealt with patients in the manner he dealt with me, it felt like a very adult exchange working together to get the right solution bespoke to me, very unlike the usual lecture from the Doctor that knows best and my thoughts and opinions are irrelevant. An expert in his field without any doubt. Can’t recommend highly enough, a credit to his profession. Marc - London

Nearest Pain medicine specialists