Dr Benjamin Thomas

Dr Ben Thomas is a Consultant in Pain Medicine who works at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, in central London. Ben offers help for a range of conditions from those with acute and chronic spinal conditions, back pain, slipped disc, sciatica and facet joint pain, degenerative joint pain, and muscular injuries through to more complex neuropathic pain conditions, including post surgical pain and scar pain issues, post shingles pain and CRPS cases. Ben qualified from St Bartholomew's and the Royal London hospital in 2000, and completed training in Anaesthesia before undertaking the Advanced Pain Fellowship at Imperial School, and subsequently a paediatric pain fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

19th June 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Dr Thomas has improved my quality of life by over 100%. I never realised that my long term back pain and sciatica was something that could be treated until I met Ben. Dr Thomas persisted investigating my issues when others have up and treated me until my quality of life was drastically improved. I cannot thank him enough

21st March 2019
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I highly recommand Dr Ben Thomas. He listened to me, and made me always feel comfortable. He is the kind of doctors who you can trust without any doubt. I was anxious due to my pain but that changed as soon as I met Dr Thomas.

12th March 2019
Written by a patient at Chelsea Outpatient Centre

I had an operation at the end of November on my hand. This was quite a procedure - more than I had anticipated - but it seemed to be healing well. However, after a few days it started hurting really badly - so much so that co-codamol was not touching it and I could not sleep. My hand consultant advised that it was nerve pain which is difficult to predict and is difficult to treat. The pain was so bad that I felt I wanted to cut my hand off! My consultant introduced me to Ben to assist. Unfortunately, I had had the operation in November in order to have this out of the way in readiness for my marriage the following February. I knew that I could not manage to deal with this level of pain whilst organising and going through with a wedding. Ben seemed to perfectly understand what I was going through and knew what to prescribe in the way of medication and explained the position to me very well. He made himself accessible to report back on dosage etc. He knew that we were on a tight deadline if the wedding was to go ahead and he adjusted the dosage accordingly. By the time of the wedding, the dosage was just fine - to allow the pain to be covered without any side effects becoming another problem. Accordingly, the wedding went ahead and all was well. I must thank Ben as without him there would have been a huge upset!

24th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital

Following a significant back injury I was in a lot of pain, struggling with even basic daily tasks. It had gone on so long that I was feeling pretty hopeless about it. Then I came across Dr Benjamin Thomas at the Fortius Clinic where I've received an outstanding level of care, far exceeding my expectations. He is the first doctor who has been able to tell me what the problem actually was. He even spotted something in the MRI images which the radiologist hadn't noticed, then took swift action to investigate further. From the outset I've had total confidence in his judgement and advice. Plus I've really appreciated his reassuring manner as he addressed all my concerns, along with his exceptional ability to explain the medical details so clearly to me. As a result, Dr Thomas came up with a plan which enabled me to move forward. It has been a major turning point in my recovery and I'm so thankful to be getting my life back. I cannot recommend Dr Thomas highly enough.

9th October 2018
Written by a member of staff at Chelsea Outpatient Centre

I am a physio and have just spent the morning seeing patients with Dr Thomas, he was recommended to me by another colleague and I can see why. Although he had a busy clinic, he gave each patient plenty of time to talk and then explained in detail what the options were for their treatment. Dr Thomas has a wonderful way of making complex issues more understandable and gives each patient choices about how they can move forwards to get the best outcome. His knowledge of pain medicine and the latest treatments is impressive. All his patients leave with a bigger smile on their face, as he has offered a treatment plan that will allow their quality of life to improve. He doesn't push for injections or surgery unless necessary, and encourages physical therapy and exercise, which I obviously approve of! I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Short link to review Dr Benjamin Thomas: http://iwgc.net/efs2w