dr-benjamin-thomas

17th December 2020

Dr. Thomas has taken exceptional care of me in his pain management clinic at Chelsea & Westminster hospital. I have always found his consultations to be thoughtful and considerate to my situation. His medical procedures have been carried out efficiently, effectively, and safely. He has gone above and beyond in his care, for which I am exceptionally grateful.

14th December 2020

I have seen Doctor Thomas several times over the last few years and he has always been extremely polite, efficient and very thorough in his treatment of me. I suffer from intercostal nerve damage following major surgery 6 years ago. The surgery has severely damaged the nerve endings between my ribs and the pain is completely debilitating and causes many, many other unpleasant side effects. I last saw Doctor Thomas on Thursday 10th November 2020 in the morning, as he was giving me some deep tissue TENS treatment to try and help with the pain. The surgery itself was very relaxing and Doctor Thomas was totally professional throughout the procedure. He was cheerful and happy & put me totally at my ease. He came to chat with me in the recovery area before I left. I will see if I get any long lasting relief from the treatment but if not Doctor Thomas has told me of further treatments that may be possible. I left the hospital feeling relaxed and happy that I had been treated by the best. Thank you.

10th December 2020

I saw Dr Thomas at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital and after having an annular tear in my lower disc, i finally felt that, after a year, i'm finally getting somewhere. I had an epidural injection procedure to see if this will reduce the pain in my back. Dr Thomas was very reassuring and answered every question that i asked. Just wish i had been able to see him earlier on in the year! Even if this injection doesn't work, its great that he is willing to investigate my back further. I would just like to put on record my thanks to Dr Thomas and his team at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, who no doubt have had an extremely trying year, for being such friendly people. You are all a proper credit to the NHS. I salute you!!

Dr Ben Thomas is a Consultant in Pain Medicine who works at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, in central London. Ben offers help for a range of conditions from those with acute and chronic spinal conditions, back pain, slipped disc, sciatica and facet joint pain, degenerative joint pain, and muscular injuries through to more complex neuropathic pain conditions, including post surgical pain and scar pain issues, post shingles pain and CRPS cases. Ben qualified from St Bartholomew's and the Royal London hospital in 2000, and completed training in Anaesthesia before undertaking the Advanced Pain Fellowship at Imperial School, and subsequently a paediatric pain fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Nearest Pain medicine specialists