Dr Benjamin Ellis

Benjamin did his undergraduate training at Cambridge and University College London. He practises as a generalist rheumatologist, with particular interest in health services policy and public health. He combines clinical practice with working as senior clinical policy adviser at Arthritis Research UK, leading on projects developing patient-reported outcome measures for musculoskeletal conditions and promoting a public health approach to musuloskeletal health. He is on the executive of the Chronic Pain Policy Coalition, and chaired the working group developing a national pathway for chronic widespread pain and fibromyalgia.

• Rheumatology

1st December 2014
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

He was very knowledgeable, sometimes it felt slightly rushed and I needed time to understand my condition fully but he did go on to explain when I asked.

Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Dr Ellis showed determination to help me with my condition.

Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I was seen by Dr Ellis on November 19th. I found him very simpathetic and a good listener. I was impressed by his thorough examination and clear explanation of what could be done for my condition. I would definately recommend him.

Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

My session with Dr Ellis was very reassuring. He listened to what I had to contribute, was aware of my medical history, explained very clearly the current situation regarding my medication and any implications for the future. I left the appointment feeling very positive about how my treatment would proceed.

11th November 2014
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I saw Dr. Benjamin Ellis on Monday 20th October. I was originally down to see Dr. Sonya Abraham, but my original, earlier appointment had to be cancelled because she had left. Dr. Ellis was really good; he patiently listened to my concerns, and explained to me his views and advisements in good detail and in an easy to understand way. I was a bit concerned that my original notes from my previous visit was not in my file, but he very honestly mentioned it, which I appreciated (and it wasn't his fault to boot). A letter was subsequently sent to my GP detailing the appointment. He has a good manner and I trust him. I will be glad to see him again at a future appointment.

Nearest Rheumatologists