Dr Azhar Ansari

Written by a carer at East Surrey Hospital
16th July 2019

My mother has been treated by Dr Azhar and its was so good to see her happy and well looked after since her condition was poor and she was in bad shape. After such great treatment with the doctor my mother came through well and in a stable condition, I would highly recommend Dr. for his care, patience and great treatment.

7th January 2019

I first met Dr Ansari when I was an in-patient at East Surrey Hospital in July 2018 and since meeting him my life has changed. I cannot recommend Dr Ansari highly enough. He is a great consultant – he listens, is attentive and thoughtful and he puts his patients first. A brief background - I have had Crohn's Disease for 30 years and despite being treated both at East Surrey Hospital and at St Mark's Hospital, Harrow my health declined. In January 2018 I was admitted to hospital with severe Oral Crohn's and from January to July last year I was very unwell with fevers, rigors and general ill health. Things deteriorated and in July I was admitted to hospital dangerously ill and it was discovered that I had a large liver abscess. It was during my two week hospital stay that I met Dr Ansari. He was very concerned about my health and the recent complications and re-assessed my condition. He went right back through my Crohn's history and started me on a new treatment. He ensured my family and I understood fully the treatment he proposed and spent time with us explaining and discussing the treatment plan and answering our questions. Dr Ansari has kept in regular contact with me and rings or messages most weeks to find out how I'm doing. He is exceptionally attentive and when I had a setback in October he reacted instantly to calm the flare. He is a great supporter of ‘Patients Know Best’ (online system enabling you to see your medical records and consult with your healthcare team) which I am now an active user of and I now feel fully involved in my care. He also engages with other professionals to ensure a holistic medical and surgical treatment plan. Dr Ansari has enabled me to regain my life and I know that he is always there for me. His approach is unique and life-enhancing. Thank you, Dr Ansari, for all your care and support.

9th July 2018

I have been a patient of Dr Ansuri for many years I have always found him very easy to talk to he listens to me and we talk about treatment that I’m receiveing Dr Ansuri will always go above and beyond he has phoned me when he finished his day to check up on me to make sure I’m ok I couldn’t wish for a better doctor I would recommend him he’s the best specialist I have ever seen

15th March 2018

Dr Ansari treated my husband’s UC and we found him to be very attentive and kind. He has helped my husband’s flare calm down and we would recommend him to other people with UC also.

21st June 2017

I cannot thank this man enough for the care he gives. He is straight talking and a joy to discuss treatment with. During an emergency three week stay in hospital he popped into the ward after he had finished his appointments for the day. Can't help think that I'm a lucky man to be referred to him.

• Gastroenterology