Dr Ashish L Shetty

Ashish Shetty is a Consultant in Pain Management at the University College London Hospitals. He is the lead for Education and Neuromodulation at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. Dr Shetty is the Adolescent transition lead and is an Honorary Consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He specializes in use of Neuromodulation for managing complex neuropathic pain conditions including chronic back, leg and pelvic pain. He has a special interest in chronic pain management including management of facial pain, abdominal and pelvic pain.

4th July 2019

Due to an injury sustained to my neck in the autumn of 2018, I developed a tremor in my right arm/hand. The pain of this was horrendous along with a very visible movement in my hand which prevented me from doing many everyday tasks. I had tried various medications but had adverse side effects and didn't achieve any ease in symptoms. My neurologist recommended for me to see Dr Shetty; I had my first consultation with him in March 2019; I saw him privately at Queen's Square. From the onset it was most evident that Dr Shetty is a doctor who wants the best possible outcome for his patients. He listened attentively to what the problem was and gave an individualised treatment plan. I immediately started external neuromodulation with him and I couldn't believe how quickly my symptoms improved and how the tremor stopped. I have had five sessions to date and between each session, the length of time having no tremor and the reduced pain levels, is gradually improving. External neuromodulation is such a simple treatment to receive yet so effective. There are no horrendous side effects unlike with medication! After each session of external neuromodulation, Dr Shetty has allowed me to experience immediate reduced pain and have no tremor - something which I didn't think was possible before March 2019! A lot of people only need three sessions; I am more complex and I know I will continue to need external neuromodulation in the future but Dr Shetty has provided me with so much hope! He is a fabulous doctor who is truly committed - he even walked across London in heavy rain to ensure I received external neuromodulation treatment! In summary I am amazed at what a 20 minute session of external neuromodulation can achieve; I am so thankful to be under Dr Shetty's amazing care.

18th March 2019

From my first referral to Dr Shetty he has listened, advised and treated me with the utmost concern and care. Nothing has been too much trouble for him despite his busy workload. The result of fitting the Spinal Cord Stimulator is excellent.

Short link to review Dr Ashish L Shetty: http://iwgc.net/egx8z