Dr Ashish L Shetty

Ashish Shetty is a Consultant in Pain Management at the University College London Hospitals. He is the lead for Education and Neuromodulation at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. Dr Shetty is the Adolescent transition lead and is an Honorary Consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He specializes in use of Neuromodulation for managing complex neuropathic pain conditions including chronic back, leg and pelvic pain. He has a special interest in chronic pain management including management of facial pain, abdominal and pelvic pain.

4th July 2019

Due to an injury sustained to my neck in the autumn of 2018, I developed a tremor in my right arm/hand. The pain of this was horrendous along with a very visible movement in my hand which prevented me from doing many everyday tasks. I had tried various medications but had adverse side effects and didn't achieve any ease in symptoms. My neurologist recommended for me to see Dr Shetty; I had my first consultation with him in March 2019; I saw him privately at Queen's Square. From the onset it was most evident that Dr Shetty is a doctor who wants the best possible outcome for his patients. He listened attentively to what the problem was and gave an individualised treatment plan. I immediately started external neuromodulation with him and I couldn't believe how quickly my symptoms improved and how the tremor stopped. I have had five sessions to date and between each session, the length of time having no tremor and the reduced pain levels, is gradually improving. External neuromodulation is such a simple treatment to receive yet so effective. There are no horrendous side effects unlike with medication! After each session of external neuromodulation, Dr Shetty has allowed me to experience immediate reduced pain and have no tremor - something which I didn't think was possible before March 2019! A lot of people only need three sessions; I am more complex and I know I will continue to need external neuromodulation in the future but Dr Shetty has provided me with so much hope! He is a fabulous doctor who is truly committed - he even walked across London in heavy rain to ensure I received external neuromodulation treatment! In summary I am amazed at what a 20 minute session of external neuromodulation can achieve; I am so thankful to be under Dr Shetty's amazing care.

18th March 2019

From my first referral to Dr Shetty he has listened, advised and treated me with the utmost concern and care. Nothing has been too much trouble for him despite his busy workload. The result of fitting the Spinal Cord Stimulator is excellent.

19th July 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Shetty, from the initial consultation and throughout my treatment he listened carefully and created a bespoke treatment plan. At every stage I was kept fully informed, he answered any and all queries fully. His manner throughout was considerate and compassionate, at all times putting my needs first. I felt fully involved in decisions and very well cared for.

19th July 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

Dr Shetty exudes kindness and care and one knows that he has the ability to cure. Each time I have come away from his sessions I have been relieved of pain. I am confident he will cure Me. He is a truly remarkable man and should be treasured for his ability. I feel most fortunate to be in his care. There can be no improvement to Dr. Shetty himself but there should be more resources for training of people of his ability and for research. There should be more of an understanding that pain is a total subject especially with Glossopherangeal Neuralgia which is horrendous. Unless it has been experienced either as the patient or a close onlooker then people have no idea what it is like. In my experience the majority of medical people have not heard of this condition but are then amazed to hear of the result of Dr. Shetty’s Pain Management. It is a quite amazing experience.

9th May 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

The care has been excellent. All the staff have been very clear in explaining everything and have been very happy to answer my questions and put me at ease with any concerns

Nearest Pain medicine specialists