Dr Anne Forbes

Written by a patient at Kingthorne Group Practice
26th February 2020

I’ve recently had major surgery due to getting ovarian cancer twice in the last year. I’ve lost all chances of being a biological mum. I’m still on strong medication due to the pain from surgery and over the weekend I started experiencing more intense pains. I went back to my hospital yesterday to get it assessed but I’d requested more strong medication in the meantime as I was running out. My usual GP had told me if I needed anymore just to ring the practice up and they will prescribe me more. Dr Forbes rang me whilst I was at the hospital, where I was already anxious of what was causing me this severe pain. She was very rude and blunt with me, I’d say very patronising and condescending, saying I shouldn’t be on this pain relief anymore and my pain should have gone by now. Bearing in mind, this woman does not know me, she doesn’t know the ins and outs of what a complex diagnosis and time we’ve had. And thirdly, she’s never met me!! How on earth can you tell someone, someone who’s only 21, that’s had cancer twice in a year, who’s still in pain after a short period of time after surgery, that they don’t need their medication anymore!! Absolutely WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

Short link to review Dr Anne Forbes: http://iwgc.net/e39k