Dr Andrew Sawczenko

• Paediatrics

21st March 2014

Dr Sawczenko has looked after both my children, now 4years and 17 months, since birth, through tuberculosis, bronchiolitis, various gastrointestinal complaints, and neurodevelopmental delay. We have found Dr Sawczenko to be always courteous, patient, empathetic, competent, sensible, pragmatic, and realistic. He is conservative in treatment when indicated (brochiolitis, gastrointestinal complaints), but does not delay in organising investigations or referrals when needed (TB, neurodevelopmental delay). He is also very prompt in replying to phone calls or emails, and always has something helpful to say.

13th March 2014
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

Dr Sawczenko is a trusted doctor who is caring, thoughtful, considerate and who listens. He has seen both my sons and in particular for my youngest son who’s life has changed after correct diagnosis and medication. For over a year and a half he was seen by the GP, numerous out of hour’s doctors and even a pediatrician (NHS). No answers were ever given to us as to what was wrong with him, and no proper medication just antibiotics, which was prescribed every 5/6 weeks and I knew this wasn’t right. My son was also missing school a lot and it reached the point where he was unable to participate in sports. I was at my wits end. I found Dr Sawczenko after some online research, he was able to see my son quite quickly and after examining my son and to my relief I was finally given a diagnosis. From then on he was prescribed the correct medication (which has been followed up consistently with the GP) was given an x-ray and to date he is now a happy, energetic boy and participates in the sports that he loves. Both my sons quoted Dr Sawczenko to be funny and a nice man. I cannot thank him enough and I highly recommend him. He is also very easy to reach should you have any worries or queries and he replies back quickly and promptly. Thank you once again.

12th March 2014
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

We first came to Dr Sawczenko early 2013 after 5 weeks of our daughter coughing persistently for up to one hour straight each night, we visited our GP at least in 5 occasions and A&E in 4… We were desperate with the lack of information and its contradictory nature at times. It was bacterial so antibiotics, oh no it’s viral, has lung infection oh no X-ray was unclear…. Desperate we turned to a professional that we found online and had good feedback. Within 15 minutes of the appointment we knew we were in safe hands, Dr. Sawczenko linked the symptoms, provided an explanation and listed the available options. That night our daughter slept through for the first time in 5 weeks… Dr Sawczenko proceeded to link us back to our GP practice where we have been followed up. This week another crisis took us to his office and, once more, we witnessed all the signs of a good doctor: a good memory for detail, ability to listen and very good intuition which brought us back to effective treatment and an immediate ease of symptoms. I have to particularly commend Dr Sawczenko for the way he involves parents in the understanding and treatment of their child’s illness; most especially how he understands that concern and feeling unsupported exacerbate anxiety. Aware of these triggers Dr Sawczenko wrote to our GP asking for continuity of care for our daughter. Patricia Rotolo

6th March 2014

As parents, and as medical doctors, we can fully recommend Dr Sawczenko as a pragmatic, experienced, dedicated and caring paediatrician. Additionally he responds very quickly to all of our questions raised by email, which we appreciate very much.

4th March 2014
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

In addition to Dr Sawczenko's diagnostic / medical skills, I particularly appreciate his ability to explain his diagnoses in a calm and reassuring way (but without downplaying issues, when serious), which is particularly helpful with babies / young children that are unable to explain their symptoms and how ill they feel.

Nearest Paediatricians