Dr Andrew Nicolaou

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
24th July 2018

I regret to say that I had difficulties with this consultant. I went to him with pack pain. He treated me with a complex of injections in my back. Unfortunately these injections (all given on the same day) failed to relieve the pain and indeed made it worse. I do NOT complain about this outcome as one never knows how one will react to a treatment. What I feel concerned about is that when I returned for a follow-up appointment, Dr Nicolaou rather brusquely passed me over to another clinician and seemed to not want any further dealings with me. Moreover the second clinician was surprised that he had been recommended for me and quickly (and politely) concluded the session. I felt I had been passed onto ANYBODYin order to finalise my treatment by Dr. Nicolaou. Clearly from other reviews there are plenty of patients who are satisfied with their treatment but at least two patients have a different experience.

Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital
5th June 2018

I have seen Dr Nicolaou on three occasions for pain relief and have found him to be extremely professional, thoughtful and caring. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital
4th March 2018

I am astounded at the bad review I read from a patient at St. George's of Dr. Andrew Nicolaou. I have been a patient of Dr. Nicolaou on several occasions and found him to be extremely professional and very kind and caring. As far as I am concerned I would not hesitate to see him again. I also saw the way he treats patients with cancer who need pain relief and how kind and caring he was to them. As for listening, he certainly always listens to me. I have a complex medical history and have immediately dropped any consultant who treated me with indifference, made no eye contact and were generally uninterested in my case. I have thankfully, only met a few in my long life. Anne Oliver - Past and present patient of lovely Dr. Nicolaou

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
15th November 2013

After my second visit with this Dr I am certain that he is only interested in his own self importance, he proves this by continually stating other professional opinions are from lowly trained staff ( his colleagues at st George's, no matter what level of education) and by asking questions and cutting you off long before he gets an answer, or should I say he cuts you off if he is not getting an answer that suits him (one that requires him to actually do something for you, like treat you) he continually discards all that is said to him, even discarding evidence from scans. I am astounded that this man be allowed near patients let alone aloud to see patients with long term pain who are struggling to cope with very day life.

• Anaesthetics and ITU