Dr Andrew Holman

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

27th March 2018
Written by a patient at Newgate Medical Group

This practice provides a thorough and all round care for elderly people. I have a number of chronic conditions such as asthma, type 2 diabetes and thyroid problems. I am regularly reminded to attend clinics to appraise my conditions and offered every type of modern help, support and medication. For consultations of a personal nature I usually manage to get an appointment with my designated practitioner in whom I have every confidence. In an emergency situation an appointment at short notice is almost always offered with either a practice nurse or doctor, not necessarily one's designated doctor but someone. The practice nursing staff are efficient, knowledgeable and supportive. One thing I think could be improved deals with communication. I feel that more phone lines would be of benefit. Sometimes you cannot get an answer for hours. I phone in my repeat prescriptions and often give up because the line is engaged, permanently it would seem on some occasions. Also I have found the web site for repeat prescriptions, which I have tried, is not reliable. However on the whole I feel the practice is caring and does have good systems to promote the welfare of the patients.

8th August 2015
Written by a patient at Newgate Medical Group

Dr Holman is always courteous, kind, willing to listen and thorough in his assessments. I am very grateful for the care he gave my husband and is now having to give me.

18th May 2015
Written by a patient at Newgate Medical Group

Doctor Holman listens to your problem and discusses with you the options that he thinks is best for you. He takes care to make sure that any prescription that he gives you will if at all possible not interact with anything you are already taking, so that this gives you peace of mind that he is doing his best for you and not just trying to fob you off with medication that you do not need that some of the other doctors you are not registered with seem to do. He is just an extremely good doctor.

24th April 2015
Written by a patient at Newgate Medical Group

A great doctor who listens and informs - a great healthcare professional

21st April 2015
Written by a patient at Newgate Medical Group

Dr. Holman listens carefully and discusses your condition and whether you are happy at his suggested treatment. Feel totally safe in his hands

« 1 2 3 4 5 »