Dr Andrew Eichholz

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

• Oncology

14th May 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Dr Eichholz is a very caring honest upbeat physician. He is highly intelligent and reads his patients quickly well. Within a very short time he knew I was data hungry, and provided all the information he had available. He gives his patients all the time they need to talk to discuss their concerns and progress; the downside of this is that his appointments often overrun and the next appointments are late. Although I believe Dr Eichholz likes to visually assess his patients state of mind as well as physical health, I suggest over the phone discussions could relieve his case load substantially on appropriate occasions. Thank you Dr Eichholz, I hope because of the care of all the Unit staff including yourself, I shall not need to see you again as a patient.

14th May 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I met with Dr Eichholz back in 2015 and was mightily impressed with all aspects of his care during the short time I spoke to him. Now 2018, after a dire experience with another oncologist, I had the pleasure of becoming one of his patients again. (odd phrase as it is cancer that leads me to him) At every single point of the treatment plan, appointment meetings, letters written and care he has been a total caring professional. No question asked is too silly or wrong, they are all answered in a gentle and professional manner. His demeanour immediately puts one at ease and gives you the ultimate faith in his ability and professional knowledge. The patient and family members know all is done in the best way possible, in order to give one a safe and as pain free a passage through treatment. He has all the time in the world for every patient, and though he is occasionally late this is not a reflection of his ability or care, but a reflection of how little time is set aside in the system for his appointments. With hand on heart, I would 100% recommend any cancer patient to this gentlest of men.

15th April 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Dr Eichholz was another example of a lovely caring doctor that I have come across during my treatment. So much time to spend explaining the process, and happy to give an opinion which was very comforting. Also listened to my requests for the timing regarding the radiotherapy and bothered to think in advance for a back up appointment which may have been needed. 5 stars! Thank you so much.

14th March 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I can't describe how nervous & scared I was prior to my meeting with Dr Eichholz I was not sure what would happen next or what was in store for me next after my surgery for Breast Cancer. Being put at ease immediately by him and his nurse made me feel relaxed, they listened intently and made to feel so comfortable that I was able to give them information, things I didn't even think would matter which would allow for further investigations can take place to determine next steps. As much as being given a breast cancer diagnosis left me reeling, being treated with such empathy, being listened to and made to feel that I am involved with my own care has made me feel confident and relaxed moving forward and I trust Mr Eichholz implicitly and want to say a huge thank you to him for all his help so far.

8th March 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I have seen Dr Eichholz twice recently. On each occasion he gave me lots of information so that I was able to make a decision on my treatment. He is very friendly and helps to put you at ease during your appointment. He listened carefully to my questions and answered them. A really nice doctor who gives you his time.

Nearest Oncologists