Dr Andrew Eichholz

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I also provide radiotherapy for patients with a metastatic cancer of unknown primary. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

• Oncology

16th August 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Dr Eichholz is an excellent doctor. He is very informative. He has a warm approachable personality. He listens to questions and explains answers well. As a patient I felt he cared and wanted to offer the best treatment possible for my condition.

29th July 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Dr Eichholz has been my Oncologist for the past year. The care that I have received from Dr Eichholz, and his colleagues, has been truly first class. Right from my initial diagnosis everything was dealt with quickly, efficiently and with great support. Dr Eichholz is always cheerful, smiling, friendly and reassuring - answering any queries or fears that I may have had. The medical care has been fantastic, as has the holistic care. I could not have asked for a more supportive team of experts. Thank you.

27th July 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Dr Eichholz has been my oncologist since last year and I can honestly say that you could not find a nicer and more helpful Doctor.He always greets you with a huge smile on his face and certainly never talks down to you ,in fact he treats you as if you are his only patient.This is a Doctor who will always go the extra mile for you with people skills to match his amazing knowledge.

27th June 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I was treated by Dr. Eichholz after a lumpectomy and re-excision for breast cancer. He is everything a good doctor should be - knowledgeable, caring and courteous. He always listened to my concerns carefully and provided care, advice and support in a clear and insightful way. He went 'the extra mile' on more than one occasion, one being to ring me in the evening on the last working day before Christmas to offer advice regarding a health issue I had. I trust his opinion completely and thoroughly recommend him as an excellent oncologist. He is a shining example of a truly dedicated professional.

14th June 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I have been a breast cancer patient of Dr Eichholz for a year and have always found him kind, considerate, consultative and supportive. He is completely professional in his approach and easy to interact with. His concentration is always on the patient in front of him and he gives the impression that he has all the time in the world for you. I had some problems with IV chemo and he was most empathetic, deciding to call a halt to it after only 3 sessions. Post surgery I have been having oral chemotherapy for the past six months and this was introduced in incremental doses, which seemed such a sensible approach to me. Obviously I am not qualified to comment on his clinical abilities, but he certainly seems to be aware of and involved in clinical trials in his field and is innovative in his approach to treatment of the individual if things are not working out as planned. Most importantly of all, I have total trust in Dr Eichholz's judgement of the best course of treatment for my specific condition and circumstances. We need more like him.

Short link to review Dr Andrew Eichholz: http://iwgc.net/efkw3