Dr Andrew Eichholz

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I also provide radiotherapy for patients with a metastatic cancer of unknown primary. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

• Oncology

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Visited this doctor recently (with regards to a recent cancer operation, which I'm glad to say was a total success ) and from the start of the consoltation was made to feel totally at ease, his explanation of follow up procedures was done in a really professional manner,yet at the same time with warmth, friendly, total clarity, and all the time I needed to fully understand everything he wanted me to be clear about. My future medication was also explained in depth so as there was no confusion on my part, needless to say I left to go home a very happy,relaxed person, TOP marks to this doctor ( and others like him), and his team ! Mrs Winifred A Mallett.

12th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Dr Eichholz is my oncologist whilst recovering from breast cancer. He is very kind and friendly and greets you as if he is really pleased to see you. Although he must be extremely busy he takes time to completely explain things and doesn't rush at all. I feel very lucky to be under his care.

7th January 2017
Written by a carer at The Churchill

DR. Eichholz was very good and listened to what was being said to him. He then answered all the questions that were asked of him, about treatment, both current and what could be expected later. He also examined and gave reassurance to a couple of issuses. A very nice and kind doctor. Thank You

6th January 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I consider myself very lucky to have Dr Andrew Eichholz looking after me as I do battle with breast cancer. I am now at the halfway stage of chemo and he has monitored my progress after each of the infusions I've had so far. He LISTENS, not a lot of doctors do that. And he answers all of my questions, answers them in a clear manner and even though he must have a huge workload, he never rushes one. That is really important because this is a serious illness and it wouldn't take much to lose your rag. So he inspires confidence and puts you in the right frame of mind to overcome the cancer. And I am winning, thanks to him.

30th December 2016
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I have today completed my 6th chemotherapy at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. Dr Eichholz has guided me through the entire process, carefully explaining what was to happen and why it was needed. At each appointment he included my partner or friend, who accompanied me, in the explanations. I thought this was done very skillfully without making me feel neglected, but including them in the conversation. Dr Eichholz is very professional in his manner which inspires confidence. He explained complex information in a clear and accessible way that I could understand. During the 'in between chemotherapy' appointments he has listened to my experience and offered guidance and support. I was very pleased to have Dr Eichholz as my consultant and do not have anything to suggest to give even better care than I have received.

Nearest Oncologists