Dr Andrew Eichholz

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I also provide radiotherapy for patients with a metastatic cancer of unknown primary. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

• Oncology

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

14th June 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I have been a breast cancer patient of Dr Eichholz for a year and have always found him kind, considerate, consultative and supportive. He is completely professional in his approach and easy to interact with. His concentration is always on the patient in front of him and he gives the impression that he has all the time in the world for you. I had some problems with IV chemo and he was most empathetic, deciding to call a halt to it after only 3 sessions. Post surgery I have been having oral chemotherapy for the past six months and this was introduced in incremental doses, which seemed such a sensible approach to me. Obviously I am not qualified to comment on his clinical abilities, but he certainly seems to be aware of and involved in clinical trials in his field and is innovative in his approach to treatment of the individual if things are not working out as planned. Most importantly of all, I have total trust in Dr Eichholz's judgement of the best course of treatment for my specific condition and circumstances. We need more like him.

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer I needed to know what my survival chances were after my mastectomy, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. Dr Eichholz provided me with a written assessment which gave me a clear understanding. His care and understanding of my fears approaching chemotherapy helped me to cope really well with my treatment. He has a quiet manner and answered all my questions and took time with me. I did not feel unable to ask him anything. I would not hesitate to recommend him as an Oncologist.

26th May 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I think I may have been a challenge to Dr Eichholz at times. I am the sort of person who needs to feel 'in charge' of their illness. Dr Eichholz seemed to understand this and the care felt like a partnership between the 2 of us. He listened to me and to the ideas I had about my treatment. When I showed him research to support a request I was making for a variation in treatment he listened, studied the research and allowed me to try the treatment variation I wanted (entirely successfully). Dealing with an oncologist when you are at the most vulnerable and confusing can be fraught with frustration. Dr Eichholz repeated information when I needed it, listened patiently when I needed it and took his time to make me feel I was the only person he was seeing that day. He is up to date in his clinical knowledge, secure in his own competence and enthusiastic about developments in treatment and research. Yes, his clinics sometimes involve a long wait but when you are with him he is unhurried and unflappable.

26th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

I started radiotherapy 16.03.2017 following surgery and chemotherapy for bilateral breast cancer. Prior to that I had the scan and measurements taken. I had read and wanted to use the breathing technique which, could possibly reduce some of the side effect. However a chest infection prevented this and I was upset with myself. When I received a voice message from Dr Andrew Eichholz which said he's done all the calculations (with an explanation) which totally reassured me and gave me confidence. I was discharged thursday 25.05.2017 by the same wonderful professional and I think we are lucky to have him at the Churchill.

24th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

I saw Dr Eichholz after an operation for breast cancer to discuss further preventative treatment. He had previously written to advise that radiotherapy was optional in my case and went through the information again. He explained everything clearly and his friendly manner put me completely at ease.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »