Dr Andrew Eichholz

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I also provide radiotherapy for patients with a metastatic cancer of unknown primary. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

• Oncology

28th February 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

What a lovely lovely man. I had my first and last consultation with him today. I asked for an honest opinion, which he gave me and fully explained his reasons why. Your life is literally in the hands of doctors sometimes and it is hugely important that you feel safe and confident in them. I know things can still go wrong, but I walked out today feeling positive about the future. And I apologise now Dr E...don't think you saw that hug coming!

17th February 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Dr Eichholz is the most amazing doctor with endless patience and abundant knowledge. I always arrive feeling nervous and worried and leave my consultation feeling relaxed and confident. He remembers everything about me from appointment to appointment and has a wonderful reassuring manner. I have always been greeted by his welcoming smile and he listens intently to all my questions and always gives me answers. As my treatment for breast cancer has progressed he makes notes of my side effects and does his utmost to make my next treatment more manageable. His knowledge is current and vast and he never lets me leave an appointment if he can tell I am worrying about anything. Being diagnosed with cancer is quite terrifying but if you are lucky enough to be in the care of Dr Eichholz, you couldn't be luckier.

3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Throughout the consultation Dr Eichholz explained everything in a caring and considerate manner, putting my mind at ease in relation to all of my forthcoming treatment. His care was exemplary.

20th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

All aspects of my upcoming radiotherapy, (pre, during and after) were explained to me fully. I was aware that the Doctor would not continue until he was sure I understood what I was being told. I fully appreciated his caring attitude and knowledge of subject. I have already had a phone call from the Radiotherapy department to book my appointment with them. Less than 24 hours! I am very please with the way I have been dealt with.

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Visited this doctor recently (with regards to a recent cancer operation, which I'm glad to say was a total success ) and from the start of the consoltation was made to feel totally at ease, his explanation of follow up procedures was done in a really professional manner,yet at the same time with warmth, friendly, total clarity, and all the time I needed to fully understand everything he wanted me to be clear about. My future medication was also explained in depth so as there was no confusion on my part, needless to say I left to go home a very happy,relaxed person, TOP marks to this doctor ( and others like him), and his team ! Mrs Winifred A Mallett.

Short link to review Dr Andrew Eichholz: http://iwgc.net/efkw3