dr-andrew-eichholz

« 1 2 3 4 »

1st June 2021

Given my cancer diagnosis I was a little bit in shock, Dr Eichholz listened to me and made me feel much better, he took his time and explained everything very clearly. Fully recommend him and his care. His follow up call was very explanatory and gave me time to air my concerns, he listened and offered support and advice.

28th April 2021

The level at which everything was explained during my treatment was outstanding. Dr Eichholz took his time to explain each element from tests, results, drugs, procedures, risks and a whole host of other things. He explained everything in a friendly, approachable manner without using fancy terminology which made me more comfortable and at ease with my condition and how it was going to be treated. I never felt confused or bamboozled with information as Dr Eichholz took his time to explain things and always asked if I had any questions. There was always additional information he would give in writing, either information booklets or in letters he would send. This level of care and consideration was also given during telephone consultations during the lockdown. At no time did I ever felt rushed off the phone or out of the consultation room.

Written by a NHS patient at The Churchill
26th April 2021

My journey commenced on my 53rd Birthday in May 2020 Suddenly I had an unwanted gift Triple Negative breast cancer was diagnosed. My world in a pandemic took a different turn . Surgery chemotherapy and radiotherapy. After surgery . Dr Andrew became my telephone oncologist, I Google the name to put a face to the voice. I cannot fault his empathy and compassion to me and his excellent communication during my treatment to me and my GP most through and well written I was Sue not just an NHS number I am now recovering well . I cannot thank Dr Andrew and the breast care team Truly grateful and blessed .

13th April 2021

Due to the current Covid Pandemic I only met Dr Eichholz once but I found him very easy to talk to and he was extremely thorough and explained the options for my planned treatment so that I could understand it easily. He then kept in contact by telephone and made it clear if I had concerns I could contact him.

28th February 2021

Being diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2015, I felt myself so lucky to have Dr Andrew Eichholz as my oncologist. From the very first time of meeting him he always had a warm welcome with a friendly smile, which immediately made me feel at ease. He is a very caring and compassionate person and you are always treated as an individual patient not just a number. From the very first consultation he took his time to explain fully what treatment would suit my needs during each stage and the possible side effects to these treatments in such a way that my husband and myself could understand, nothing was any trouble. Five years on and became of the current situation with Covid all appointments are by a phone call consultation and nothing has changed Andrew is still that caring person. What more can i say only a really Big Thank You Andrew and all the Breast Care Team for all your kindness, caring and support it has been very much appreciated you saved my life. God Bless you all.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Dr Andrew Eichholz was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

Nearest Oncologists