Dr Andrew Eichholz

I am a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. I specialise in looking after patients with breast cancer and thyroid cancer. I also provide radiotherapy for patients with a metastatic cancer of unknown primary. I use chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radioactive iodine (for thyroid cancer), hormonal therapy (for breast cancer) and the newer biological (also known as targeted) therapies. I also offer entry into any suitable clinical trials of new treatments.

• Oncology

15th November 2016
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Dr Eichholz has been my oncology consultant for almost two years. As a patient with Secondary Breast Cancer (where the cancer has spread to other parts of the body) he has proved to be the most knowledgeable and caring of consultants, who always goes the extra mile to ensure I am getting the best care. When treatment options change he always has a back-up plan offering me the latest options or drug trials. He involves me (and my husband) in the decision-making process, giving us as much information as we want and need. He responds quickly to any questions I have when I contact him through the oncology secretaries, often returning calls after hours. We have a standing joke that his clinics are always running late, but that is only because he spends far more than the allotted time with each of his patients. I feel incredibly lucky to have him as my consultant and feel very grateful that my life is in HIS hands.

Nearest Oncologists