Dr Amar Ahmed MBBS DCH DRCOG MRCGP

Dr Ahmed graduated from Guys & St. Thomas’ Medical School, London in 1996. He holds further postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Paediatricians (DCH), the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (DRCOG) and the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP). Dr Ahmed is a GP trainer. In the past he has worked as a GP Appraiser and a Quality and Outcome Framework Assessor for the PCT. He has been a partner at Wilmslow Health Centre since 2000.

19th April 2018
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

Dr Ahmed is a rare medical practitioner with top medical skills and experience in understanding his profession by helping me as his patient for many years at Wilmslow Health care centre. Really grateful for his services and patience with me. Many thanks

27th February 2018
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

Greater privacy around the reception desk

18th January 2018
Written by a carer at Wilmslow Health Centre

I recently visited Dr Saran who is not listed here. She was very attentive, listened to my concerns and referred me for an X-ray and told me to return if any other concerns. Could I also say thank you to Jane Gaskell who has also been or so much help to my daughter who burned herself quite badly. She has been very caring, made time to help us with dressing the wound and made a bad situation very much better. In the last week we have been very impressed with the surgery as indeed we always have been

14th November 2017
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

Always able to get seen when I need to be. Excellent care from Dr Ahmed...listens and acts as he sees appropriate. Checked that I was happy with the route of action for my treatment.

15th February 2016
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

I always try to visit Dr Ahmed if I can and will usually wait until I get an appointment with him even if I have to wait a week or so, unless the matter is really urgent. This is because I find him really friendly, extremely personable, helpful, and a very good listener, and diagnostician who never makes me feel that a problem is too trivial.He always smiles and never seems distracted when I enter his surgery making me feel that he is totally there for me, and I do not feel that he is rushing the appointment. I have great confidence in him because he keeps up to date with the latest news and trends in medical matters.I think he has extremely good and sensible judgement, and I value his advice. I cared for my husband (who had vascular dementia) for eight years until he died at home. This was extremely challenging and I will never forget the great help that I received from Dr Ahmed. I was determined not to put my husband in a Care Home and I am certain that the support I received from him contributed in no small part to my achieving this.

Short link to review Dr Amar Ahmed MBBS DCH DRCOG MRCGP: http://iwgc.net/eezja