Dr Amar Ahmed MBBS DCH DRCOG MRCGP

Dr Ahmed graduated from Guys & St. Thomas’ Medical School, London in 1996. He holds further postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Paediatricians (DCH), the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (DRCOG) and the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP). Dr Ahmed is a GP trainer. In the past he has worked as a GP Appraiser and a Quality and Outcome Framework Assessor for the PCT. He has been a partner at Wilmslow Health Centre since 2000.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

15th February 2016
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

I always try to visit Dr Ahmed if I can and will usually wait until I get an appointment with him even if I have to wait a week or so, unless the matter is really urgent. This is because I find him really friendly, extremely personable, helpful, and a very good listener, and diagnostician who never makes me feel that a problem is too trivial.He always smiles and never seems distracted when I enter his surgery making me feel that he is totally there for me, and I do not feel that he is rushing the appointment. I have great confidence in him because he keeps up to date with the latest news and trends in medical matters.I think he has extremely good and sensible judgement, and I value his advice. I cared for my husband (who had vascular dementia) for eight years until he died at home. This was extremely challenging and I will never forget the great help that I received from Dr Ahmed. I was determined not to put my husband in a Care Home and I am certain that the support I received from him contributed in no small part to my achieving this.

4th February 2016
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

This doctor treated my 8.5 year old son recently and diagnosed a heart mumur which hospitals had failed to pick up. Thanks to him we managed to get him the necessary tests. He was friendly towards my son and was very kind and caring. Such a shame the reception staff (not all of them just a couple) let this practice down with their uncaring attitudes though especially when you have a good dr like this one. Please can someone sort this out? It doesn't take much to smile and LISTEN to a patient - yes it's a difficult and demanding job but your clients are the patients and you must treat them with respect no matter what age they are.

7th January 2016
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

Fortunately I don't have to visit the gp very often but whenever I have Dr Ahmed has always been extremely professional. Friendly, courteous and always listens to your concerns and offers his advice. I last visited for a check up on a mole and he was very reassuring. No matter how busy the practice is he never appears to lose his calm demeanour. Would happily recommend him.

22nd December 2015
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

Dr Ahmed stands up during the appointment which makes me nervous and uncomfortable he is also quite dismissive and the appointment to be very rushed. You get 10 minutes for an appointment but your in and out within 1. I feel like Dr Ahmed doesn't elaborate he just says your fine and that's it. When sometimes I would like abit more. For example if I think I have a chest infection he corrects me and says I don't and then that's it. When possibly he could advise on purchasing a medicine or which pain relief to take etc.

16th October 2015
Written by a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre

Very good listener and responded to my concerns.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »