Dr Allister Grant

Dr A.J.Grant is a Consultant Hepatologist (Liver Specialist) at University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust. He qualified from Birmingham Medical School in 1990 and trained as a Gastroenterologist in the West Midlands then subsequently sub-specialised in Hepatology. He undertook his liver disease training at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Liver Transplant Unit, and completed a successful PhD under the supervision of Prof D.H.Adams. After having completed his Certificate of Specialist Training in Gastroenterology and General (Internal) Medicine he was appointed in November 2004 to University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust as a Consultant Hepatologist. From 2008-10 he took on the role of Assistant Clinical Director for the Medical Unit at UHL. He is now Head of Service for the Digestive Diseases Centre. Since his initial appointment he has been working with colleagues in University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust to develop a high quality Liver Service for the people of Leicestershire

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine
  • Hepatology

28th May 2015
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dr Grant is likeable & informative regarding every aspect of my care. I feel I can (& do) ask him about all idiosyncrasies of my complex health problems. I have complete trust & faith in him & feels he always goes that extra mile to ensure every complex corner is covered.Having had several gastroscopies on The Wirral before moving back south, I had a fear of gagging, lack of sedation etc. Dr Grants approach put me at ease & on attending The General for a repeat had no fears whatsoever. An excellent Consultant!

26th May 2015
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

A lovely doctor he listen and explained everything that l asked he put my mind at ease. Very reassured. Thank you for your time.

9th May 2015
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

I have know Dr Grant for a few years now and I have every faith in him, he is kindness it self, always treats you like a person not just a number, he puts you at ease straight away, yes you could say one of the good ones

8th May 2015
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dr. Grant has been treating me for 9 years. I have seen him again today. As always he has treated me with respect and kindness. Listens to everything I say and answers my questions clearly. He never minds if I had asked the same questions before! He never rushes a consultation and gives you the time that is required. When treatment needs to be altered or further tests needed Dr Grant explains the reasons why he feels it is necessary. I consider myself very lucky to have Dr. Grant looking after me. I have total trust in him.

8th February 2015
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dr Grant explained clearly and concisely everything that I needed to know. He had time for me and did not rush. He did not push me to have a liver biopsy respecting my preference to do all the simpler things first. I would recommend him to my family.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists