Dr Alison Grimston

With 20 years' experience of general practice and a lifelong interest in women's health, endocrinology and complementary therapies, I focus on inspiring and empowering patients to take back control of their health and make informed decisions, using lifestyle and mindset to tranform their health experience and minimise the use of prescribed medications. In my private practice and professional speaking I am particularly focused on helping individuals and organisations to deal with stress and hormone imbalances in a more pro-active way.

• Endocrinology

10th April 2018
Written by a carer at Downlands Medical Centre

What luck to have an appointment with Dr Grimston the other day, the appointment was for my daughter, she asked questions and listened then suggested a few ideas to help her, leaving us to decide what the right direction to take after checking the online information she also provided for us, what a breath of fresh she was to see, I can highly recommend her.

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at Meads Medical Centre

This was an amazing appointment, she really understood my problems and actually cared about me as a person not a number and not just another patient! Wish i could see Doctors like that every time. Only wish i had had more time with her as im sure she would help me through this difficult period in my life,but sadly that cant happen. Doctors should take notes on how to be a real person to a patient and not treat them as quickly as possible to get them out and get the next one in!!

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at Meads Medical Centre

I found Dr. Alison Grimston very refreshing and knowledgeable regarding forms of alternative medicine, ie. chiropractor, yoga, meditation. Also that cinnamon and ginger are good anti-inflammatories. She listened to my concerns and asked how long these had been occurring. She gave me a quick lower abdomen examination and prescribed Omeprazole for my flatulence and burping. She suggested that at my age of 71 that after completing the tablets I should have an endoscopy. Very impressed with her care and attention to detail. kind regards Roy Scarlett

7th March 2018
Written by a patient at 10 Harley Street

I meet Doctor Grimston for the very first time this morning. This is one very special lady she is very charming and approachable she listens to every word you say and discusses your case with you and what would be the best way to treat the issue. After 15 minutes of talking to her I felt like I'd known her for for years. An extraordinary woman and GP she is someone who cares, a ray of sunshine which I have never experienced before. I wish her every success in her career. She is one of the best . . . Kind Regards ~ Mr.D.Matthews

5th March 2018
Written by a patient at The Health Centre

Dr Grimston was knowledgeable and helpful when I visited her today. She was able to suggest ways to manage my symptoms including prescribing medication.

Nearest Endocrinologists