Dr Alison Birtle

Specialises in urological oncology, prostate bladder and testicular cancer. Interested in chemoradiation, technical radiotherapy, new systemic therapies, immunotherapy.passionate aboirt access to clinical trials. Co chair bladder/renal csg, associate clinical lead for research north west coast clinical reaearch network, medical advisor fight bladder cancer

• Oncology

25th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Dr Birtle listens to what you have to say, and takes time, she makes you feel comfortable, and have confidence in her. I felt much easier when i had seen her,

24th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

This was the first meeting with Dr Birtle who took time to make my wife and I comfortable before discussing my cancer treatment. Not an easy subject to discuss at the best of times and especially as it is related to prostate cancer. The discussion covered a lot of information but we came away understanding the way forward and the implications of the treatment proposed. She has a very pleasant manner, is easy to talk to and explains everything clearly.

24th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital

Dr Birtle is friendly and at the top of her profession

19th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I have been a patient of Dr BIrtle since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer six years ago. I have full confidence in her treatment and recommendations. I am still enjoying a reasonable lifestyle and have now resumed her medical care, after recently having had a double heart by pass operation of which she was fully aware.

18th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you so much for your attentive listening, professionalism and understanding. I feel well looked after. Your pro-active approach and awareness of the latest research and developments in treatment gave us re-assurance and confidence. You are focussed yet open-minded; decisive in a way that helps and guides, yet sympathetic to my queries. Also thank you for your good humour and for us being able to smile.

Nearest Oncologists