Dr Alison Birtle

Specialises in urological oncology, prostate bladder and testicular cancer. Interested in chemoradiation, technical radiotherapy, new systemic therapies, immunotherapy.passionate aboirt access to clinical trials. Co chair bladder/renal csg, associate clinical lead for research north west coast clinical reaearch network, medical advisor fight bladder cancer

• Oncology

13th August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I received excellent care and was listened to by Dr Birtle .I felt at ease and very confident with her and the treatment she had planned for me.

11th August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I saw Dr Birtle at Lancaster R.I. for the first time this morning. Her knowledge of my case was first rate, and her explanation of the proposed treatment was thorough, detailed, and presented in an easily understandable manner. I will still explore the alternative (surgical) treatment before deciding which one to accept, but I would have complete trust in Dr Birtle should I decide to proceed with her treatment. Despite the gravity of the situation, I found her to be very approachable, considerate and friendly. The perfect professional.

9th August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I have been a patient and now feel like a friend of Dr Alison Birtle now for eight years, i am always anxious when go for my six monthly check up, but like a true professional Dr Alison Birtle always reassures me. A real gem in the NHS.

8th August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital

Dr Alison birtle is outstanding in every way this lady did everything to put me at ease as did the rest of the staff I can't thank them enough. Lol

2nd August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital

It was good to talk to a Doctor who knew my case and was fully committed to my problems. Her advice/recommendations were invaluable and she found plenty of time, not only to listen to my concerns, but also to fully explain the options open to me. It is always good to talk to her, first hand, and not to have to talk to her juniors, where quite often they are not fully up to speed with my case and I have to go over old ground with them. Continuity with your first line Doctor, to me, is a great help and gives one somewhat confidence to go forward. .

Nearest Oncologists