Dr Alison Birtle

Specialises in urological oncology, prostate bladder and testicular cancer. Interested in chemoradiation, technical radiotherapy, new systemic therapies, immunotherapy.passionate aboirt access to clinical trials. Co chair bladder/renal csg, associate clinical lead for research north west coast clinical reaearch network, medical advisor fight bladder cancer

• Oncology

7th December 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

If asked to review a fast food outlet, it would be easy as there would be others to compare it to. I have been under Dr Birtle's care for ten years now and apart from an initial course of radiotherapy, have not needed any further treatment other than surveillance. Having been one of the lucky ones and certainly not hankering after extending my experience as a patient, I do not have any yardstick for making comparisons. That said, I have always had complete trust in the care I have received from Dr Birtle and if there is one feature that is memorable, it is the warmth and friendliness of the relationship over these years. The initial course of radiotherapy was carried out at the Rosemere, Preston under Dr Birtle's supervision. What is never an easy experience for the patient was made almost pleasant by the quite extraordinary people working there; since then I have had a great sense of gratitude to them all.

6th December 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Dr Birtle's expertise, care and concern has brought me through a very difficult experience. She has always been positive and encouraging and has made me fully aware of the progress of the treatment she has given me. I do have a small criticism of the hospital system, which is that after I have a check up (cystoscopy) I sometimes have to see the urologyst and then, subsequently Dr Birtle, to get the same follow up information. I find this unnecessary duplication somewhat irritating, and think it is a waste of NHS resources. Unless there is problem shown at a check up, I think it would be more cost effective for the hospital and convenient for me if I could just see Dr Birtle for the follow up appointment.

3rd December 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital

Simply the best! Nuff said...amazing voice too! Keith Jepson

2nd December 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

i have visited several doctors after being told i had prostate cancer, alison was the only one that i felt took the time to explain everything in plain words that i could understand and would like to thank her alan lord.

30th November 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I have been seeing Dr Birtle since may 2015 with advanced prostrate cancer, from the moment I met her I felt that both her and the clinical team would do their best to look after me and given me the confidence to keep on going her friendly greeting each time I see her tells me I have every faith this lady will always do the best she can to look after me. Thank you { remember Jane in Peter Pan }

Short link to review Dr Alison Birtle: http://iwgc.net/eqfn