Dr Alison Birtle

Specialises in urological oncology, prostate bladder and testicular cancer. Interested in chemoradiation, technical radiotherapy, new systemic therapies, immunotherapy.passionate aboirt access to clinical trials. Co chair bladder/renal csg, associate clinical lead for research north west coast clinical reaearch network, medical advisor fight bladder cancer

• Oncology

22nd January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Information was clear and concise and the level was spot on - enough detail but not too much at this stage. Dr Birtle's manner was excellent and the whole experience filled me with confidence for the future.

20th January 2017
Written by a carer at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Excellent service provided by Dr Birtle and her staff. In such a difficult situation she managed to handle family dynamics very well by directing questions to whom she thought would be the most informative in helping her with her consultation. Whilst having a very professional approach she was also very sensitive to her patient. Both she and her staff members answered any questions honestly and in a way that we could all understand.

17th January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital

I was diagnosed with advanced prostrate cancer in January 2012 and went immediately into Dr. Birtle's care. Firstly, at Lancaster and then at The Rosemere Cancer Dept at Preston hospital. At all times, I was fully involved in discussions re my condition and necessary treatment. I required the maximum amount of radiotherapy over eight week daily sessions, given to me by her greatly caring staff. Dr. Birtle regularly checked on my progress. On completion, I attended the outpatients department and any issues were discussed with her and necessary assistance received. I have received the best care and attention at all times during and after my treatment and cannot speak too highly of Dr. Birtle and her staff. Thanks to them, I am now clear of cancer and today have been discharged.

17th January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital

Dr Birtle has a very approachable style and will listen to any concerns you may have and explain things in a way that is easy to understand. She has a reputation of seeking the best for all her patients.

11th January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

My husband was diagnosed with aggressive cancer of the prostate and we have had nothing but first class treatment in all aspects of his care, Dr Birtles has kept us informed every step of the way as his treatment progressed,she has listened to our concerns and explained anything that we did not understand, in our view we could not have asked for any one better.

Nearest Oncologists