Dr Alison Birtle

Specialises in urological oncology, prostate bladder and testicular cancer. Interested in chemoradiation, technical radiotherapy, new systemic therapies, immunotherapy.passionate aboirt access to clinical trials. Co chair bladder/renal csg, associate clinical lead for research north west coast clinical reaearch network, medical advisor fight bladder cancer

• Oncology

Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Provides reassurance and gives comprehensive frank replies to any queries or doubts one might have. I think I am getting the best care possible

Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I have been a patient of Dr Birtle for the last 8 years as part of my monitoring programme / follow up after testicular cancer. In this time I can honestly say she has always been professional, understanding and shown genuine concern, and I would not hesitate to recommend her as an excellent consultant.

Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Over the course of several appointments I've always found Dr Birtle to be warm, friendly and extremely professional. Following my operation, I've left each consultation feeling confident and reassured that my health and recovery are definitely on the right track. Along with her medical expertise, Alison's genuinely interested in patients as people and always makes time to talk about life in general. (It's always good to know that you're more than just the next name on a list.) I'd gladly recommend Dr Birtle to anyone.

15th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I really like Alison's style and approach and have established a strong level of trust in her competence and capability. She seems very down to earth, no-nonsense, open, honest and highly approachable. She also has a sense of humour and fun which lightens the mood and lifts the spirits. From a patient's perspective it is of considerable importance to be heard in an empathetic way, to establish a meaningful two-way relationship and to feel that the consultant is on your side in what is, in essence, a very scary situation. All achieved! One observation I would make is that I would have liked to have expressed my feelings concerning my disappointment with unkept promises from her secretary (returning calls etc), but on reflection I think that Alison's reluctance to discuss this in any detail might well have been for the best.

14th February 2017
Written by a carer at Royal Preston Hospital

My husband and I have lived in this area for just a year, we felt very lucky as we now live near our son. But the luckiest thing of all was being put in the care of Dr Birtle. Her care and kindness have been wonderful, We personally don't feel Dr Birtle could improve on the care she gives.

Nearest Oncologists