Dr Alex Everitt

• Neurology

16th May 2018
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

I have been a patient of Dr. Everitt for 10 years now and he has consistently proven to be a reliable, professional and caring doctor. I have a number of other long term health conditions aside from those I am treated for by Dr. Everitt. As a result I've much experience of having been treated by very many doctors in a number of hospitals in the south East and can confidently say that he's one of the most supportive, helpful and respectful ones that I've been under the care of. I'm afraid I therefore can't even think of any constructive criticism.

25th April 2018
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

Dr Everitt has been my neurologist for 10 years now and you name it he has tried it. Personally I couldn't recommend him highly enough and have to others who suffer from Epilepsy. Kind, caring, and always remembers that I don't do mornings and gives me his last appointment at 12pm. For me he is the closest thing to God and if you are looking for a specialist then look no further I think 10 years with him says it all, he's fantastic I could sign this anonymously but I think it deserves to be signed, I would have to say he knows who has written this and trust me I'm not easily pleased and I have seen a lot of specialists. Nobody, but nobody tries harder to make my life better and I don't think he wouldn't do the same for you. Thanks for everything Dr Everitt you're a star. EF

23rd April 2018
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

A friend mentioned this website to me over the weekend and so I decided that I must write of my personal experience of Dr Everitt (Alex) who I see twice a year regarding treatment for my epilepsy. The name of the website intrigued me because "if you want great care" for any neurological condition then I would be very happy to give Dr Everitt my highest recommendation. I have been seeing Dr Everitt for over 10 years now and firmly believe that he has been instrumental in ensuring that my condition receives the best possible advice and treatment, using the most up to date drugs, to control my epilepsy. I have also always found him to be most personable and it would be no exaggeration to say that I look forward to meeting him at my Consultations

24th January 2018
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

I have been seeing Dr Everitt at St Mary's for over 10 years. He treats me for epilepsy. I find him to be very caring and he is clearly focussed on making sure that the patient understands what treatment is being recommended and why. He is honest - but kind about it if it isn't good news. I can't recommend Dr Everitt highly enough. My sister accompanies me to most of my appointments and she feels the same about Dr Everitt.

13th March 2017
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

We saw Dr Everitt privately for a second opinion about our daughter's epilepsy when after 18 months after diagnosis she was still not stable. From the outset he was defensive and abrasive and said he was "friends" with my daughter's previous physician, although we were in no way critical of her. We simply said we wanted to have a fresh look at her treatment. He continued with that demeanor and eventually said he would just "work through the NICE list" which wasn't particularly thoughtful. It ended with him sending a bill to our insurance company for 2x the cost of other consultations and recommended a drug change in a letter to our GP which lists as a common side effect irregular heartbeats, although we told him and her medical records including letters from a cardiologist which he had indicated that she had to be taken off another epilepsy medication as she developed significant irregular heartbeats. Please don't see this neurologist, particularly privately but not at all if you can make a different choice. The consultation with him lasted 30 minutes, during that time he made little or no positive contribution to my daughter's sense of well being as I am sure he won't to yours.

Nearest Neurologists