Dr Alex Everitt

• Neurology

24th January 2018
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

I have been seeing Dr Everitt at St Mary's for over 10 years. He treats me for epilepsy. I find him to be very caring and he is clearly focussed on making sure that the patient understands what treatment is being recommended and why. He is honest - but kind about it if it isn't good news. I can't recommend Dr Everitt highly enough. My sister accompanies me to most of my appointments and she feels the same about Dr Everitt.

13th March 2017
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

We saw Dr Everitt privately for a second opinion about our daughter's epilepsy when after 18 months after diagnosis she was still not stable. From the outset he was defensive and abrasive and said he was "friends" with my daughter's previous physician, although we were in no way critical of her. We simply said we wanted to have a fresh look at her treatment. He continued with that demeanor and eventually said he would just "work through the NICE list" which wasn't particularly thoughtful. It ended with him sending a bill to our insurance company for 2x the cost of other consultations and recommended a drug change in a letter to our GP which lists as a common side effect irregular heartbeats, although we told him and her medical records including letters from a cardiologist which he had indicated that she had to be taken off another epilepsy medication as she developed significant irregular heartbeats. Please don't see this neurologist, particularly privately but not at all if you can make a different choice. The consultation with him lasted 30 minutes, during that time he made little or no positive contribution to my daughter's sense of well being as I am sure he won't to yours.

Nearest Neurologists