Dr Alex Docton

16th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spencer Street Surgery

This Doctor says how it is no messing about. I am 63 year old and it that time of course I have seen numerous Doctors.Like any profession there are good,not so good and of course some who should try some other line of employment.This Doctor however is at the top end.I have recently been suffering with a long term chest infection,he explained to me in simple terms (no medical jargon) how we were going to hit it with a" Military Air Strike ".....we did and it worked.Feel confident with this Doctor he doesn't play games and you come away feeling better just for having talked to him.

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at Spencer Street Surgery

What a lovely man - genuinely cares and takes an interest. Fab sense of humour.

31st July 2016
Written by a patient at Spencer Street Surgery

I was having an occupational medical rather than receiving treatment by Dr Docton but I was very impressed indeed by his manner and the way he conducted my medical. I would certainly recommend him.

31st May 2016
Written by a carer at Spencer Street Surgery

Very friendly, easy to talk to. Very thorough. Interested in patient as a whole, not just medically. Very informative

19th September 2015
Written by a patient at Spencer Street Surgery

After hearing several people comment on how fab be was, I ended up with an appointment with him recently. I HATE going to the doctors. I normally save things until I HAVE to go and get it all out the way in one swoop. On arriving, he put me immediately at peace with his sense of humour, but remaining completely professional, a fine line he has perfected. I had another issue I wanted to talk to a doctor about, but finding my appointment with a male practitioner, had no intention of discussing it at this appointment. Having been out so at ease, I did speak to him about it. Caring, and compassionately he dealt with it perfectly. I would highly recommend this doctor without hesitation. He has somehow managed to grasp that patients need empathy and understanding, mixed with some humour. Well done Dr Docton, and thank you!