Dr Alastair Wells

2nd October 2017

Dr Wells is one of the best caring Drs

23rd June 2017
Written by a carer at The Moat House Surgery

Dr Wells has been my GP for the past 30 years. He has been with me through a number of illnesses and treatments and I have always felt that I am in such good hands. His expertise and experience has made me feel confidence that I am being cared for and treated in the best possible way. Thank you Dr Wells.

22nd March 2016
Written by a patient at The Moat House Surgery

On the 14.03.2016 I contacted the surgery requesting an evening appt due to work commitments in London. The earliest appt I could get was Tuesday 22.03.2016! 8 days later. My appt was with Dr Wells at 5.40 pm. At Clapham Junction a passenger was taken ill on the train and subsequently my train was delayed in getting in to Merstham. Knowing I was going to be late my wife telephoned the surgery to say I was on my way but would be late for my appt. This I thought was the correct thing to. I arrived at the surgery 20 mins late to find that Dr Wells had asked the receptionist if I was in the surgery only to be told that I wasn't so he left for the day. Now I can understand if I hadn't informed the doctor that I was going to be late but for the doctor to give up on me and go home is inexcusable. Every time I have been to the surgery I am always informed that the doctor is running late whoever they may be but it is tough and we have to wait until seen. When the shoe is on the other foot it's different! Perhaps the doctor was in a rush and had to go home. I asked if there was another doctor I could see only to be told that the other doctor was busy even though there was only 1 other person in the surgery waiting. I did manage to book another appt, for the 31.03.2016 at 5.40 pm that's 2 weeks after my original telephone call. Absolute disgraceful service.

22nd December 2014
Written by a patient at The Moat House Surgery

We are both really impressed by this very efficiently run surgery which we have been with for 25 years now. We particularly like the fact that we can nearly always get an appointment with our own doctor, and usually very promptly, but we have every faith in all of the doctors and nurses at the surgery. The reception staff are excellent and the telephone is always answered very quickly. Electronic prescriptions make life much easier both for the patients and the doctors. Patients are invariably seen on time, and if not, there is always a good reason why not.

3rd December 2014
Written by a patient at The Moat House Surgery

Dr Wells has been my, and my wife's, GP for 25 years. In all that time we have been very happy with our consultations with him and have utmost confidence in his diagnoses. He is always patient and listens to our opinions and suggestions before fully explaining the actions he is taking. The Moat House surgery in general provides a very good service.

Short link to review Dr Alastair Wells: http://iwgc.net/eji9