Dr Alastair Sutcliffe

• Paediatrics

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

27th October 2016
Written by a carer at Highgate Hospital Ltd

My 5 year old has seen Prof Sutcliffe a couple of times for varying issues. Each time we were given ample time, listened to and given great advice. Follow-up was quick and helpful. The only negative is that Prof Sutcliffe will no longer be at Highgate Hospital, so we may have to stop seeing him. Gutting.

19th October 2016
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

I am writing as a grandparent of a child that has been cared for by Dr Sutcliffe since she was born at U C H. My son and daughter in law spent the majority of the first six months of her life living in the hospital. My husband and I visited them but did not meet Dr Sutcliffe until sometime after that period. However they were full of praise for this man who seemed to be giving them the hope, understanding and compassion that they desperately needed during this period with their first child. It wasn't until I accompanied my son and daughter in law to one of his clinics that I realised why they were so impressed with this Doctor. Dr Sutcliffe goes beyond what one would expect from a doctor at the normal visit to a clinic. He is very friendly and welcoming. He is always positive and encouraging. He listens well to the parents before giving his own opinion and advice. In my opinion he is an excellent Paediatrician.

16th October 2016
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

I am a GP in East Sussex but will write this review as a father. My wife and I first came across Prof Sutcliffe a few years ago when he was the attending ward Consultant when my daughter was admitted to the ward at UCH. From the very first time we meet him he gave us the confidence that we were safe in his hands. He has a knack of reassuring you and a great bed side manner. At all times he makes you feel at ease. His knowledge is excellent and many times I have valued his council. He has always been approachable and always tries his best and often does more than he needs to. He has also managed to refer us on to the appropriate professionals. He actually listens to parents and examines the child properly. He understands the importance of listening to the parents when trying to treat a baby/child. Many times I have seen doctors who don’t. I would highly recommend Prof Sutcliffe not only as an outstanding Doctor and expert in his field but also as a compassionate individual that you could trust.

16th October 2016
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

I met Professor Alistair Sutcliffe in 2011. My Grandaughter was born with problems and spent a long time at Great Ormond Street Hospital. I cannot possibly praise Professor Sutcliffe enough. He gave of himself unconditionally, he has supported my daughter and son - in - law throughout her wonderful life so far, nothing is too much trouble for him. He is there to help and advise, encourage and listen, whenever help is needed. He goes way beyond the call of duty and does it happily . My Grandaughter is thriving under his loving care, but it's also the care he has shown my daughter and son-in-law that's equally so wonderful. I feel as a family we are truly blessed beyond belief, to have him in our lives, and I thank God for him. I cannot thank him enough. Mrs Simone Ladha

15th October 2016
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

Professor Sutcliffe has been a huge part of our lives since our eldest daughter was born almost 6 years ago. He was instrumental to help our daughter go from a very sick and poorly little baby to the independent, happy little girl she is today. From our first meeting, Professor Sutcliffe's care & expertise blew us away. He listened carefully to everything we had to say and made a list of action plans with his medical team. We felt confident he could help our daughter......& he did. The years that follow are no different. He has gone beyond the calls of duty to ensure she has the best team to support her needs. He continues to support her & gives us a tremendous amount of advise anything from genetics, medication, to schooling support. We have never met a Doctor like Professor Sutcliffe & feel eternally grateful for everything he has done for our daughter and the support he has given us as a family. Following our recommendations close friends also see Professor Sutcliffe and are equally blown away with this expertise and personal care. He feels part of our family and we are truly honoured to know him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »