Dr Alastair Sutcliffe

• Paediatrics

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

10th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital

I have two children 10 and 5. We have met Professor Alastair Sutcliffe in A&E in UCH with two of his students. I had to write this review to say that in my 10 years experience it was the BEST assessment. Great experience, so glad that he shares his knowledge and experience with students.

12th July 2018
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

Professor Sutcliffe has been a total life saver for me. Being a rather anxious parent when it comes to my children's health, he has been nothing but reassuring, patient and kind. I have taken all of my three children to see Prof Sutcliffe and on each occasion, he has been very thorough, clear and ultimatley reassuring. Most recently, following a diagnosis of a heart murmur for my newborn baby, he answered frantic emails from myself within the hour and helped me through a difficult period. Cannot recommend highly enough.

3rd July 2018
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

Professor Sutcliffe is the perfect paediatrician. I just can’t praise him highly enough. My daughter’s epilepsy diagnosis of came as a huge shock and Professor Sutcliffe walked us through the process of finding the right medication and diagnosis with care and attention. We never felt like a bother to him and he always took the time to explain both sides of any decision or situation clearly and without dumbing down. He was always realistic without being pessimistic and his knowledge, not just of we condition but of the other issues related to it was just wonderful and so reassuring. The hardest part to put into words is how much it meant to me that he treated both of us as whole people, not poorly functioning body parts. He recognised how my daughter’s epilepsy impacted all the different areas of her life and helped us to work out a way forward. He supported my daughter to take ownership of her health and to see that she did have a future. I cannot thank him enough.

16th June 2018
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

I’ve met professor dr Sutcliffe with my son at Portland. I find the sesion very helpful , all done in a kind approach and suportive maner. High standard of profesional care!

25th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital

Dr. Sutcliffe is our new-born girl's paediatrician. Our 4 days old baby had a blue/dark face episode and we took her to UCLH. Prof. Sutcliffe took care of her in detail and in person and assured us he took every steps to investigate what had happened to our baby. His care was very comprehensive, friendly and most importantly very professional. As we are new parents, we were very extremely worried about our baby's health, but with Prof. Sutcliffe's care, we felt that our baby was taken the greatest, most professional and intimate care. He informed us in every steps that he would like to take and updated us about her health condition and what we have to do for the following days after we discharged from the hospital. His advice for us, the new parents are very valuable and we appreciate his care to our daughter and us. In brief, he is an excellent paediatrician having a unique combination of vast knowledge and very humanist attitude, we feel really blessed to meet with such a great doctor.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »