Dr Alastair Lansbury

• Neurology

25th March 2018
Written by a patient at St Luke's Hospital

Had to move further to be seen, following problems elsewhere with two other "doctors". He reminds me of two Doctors seen some thirty years apart. Just like them, he's willing to sit and listen to what you have to say. Anything said by me, isn't dismissed as irrelavent or not important. Nor is the prescription pad the first thing being written on. My first thought when I saw him the first time and a small pad close by. Used simply to write down some of what was said by me and get me to explain it further to him. A good example being the different names used for the same medication, which many seeing him will be familiar with. Over the years I've become used to visiting hospitals. Not always voluntary/of my choosing, but that's down to the nature of the condition I'm being seen for. May sound daft to some who read this, but he's gone a long way to restoring my trust in some of those who work in Neurology. That in just the first two visits. But this follows on from seeing and being treated recently at the opposite end of the scale, for the same condition. The waiting area may seem busy, but if I've been delayed in seeing him, probably spending too much time with another patient, putting them at ease, he has always apologised. There never seems to be any rush to get you seen and the next person in with him. The system as a whole could do with a few more Doctors like him. Willing to treat you as a person and a patient, rather than just a name on a piece of paper. Sadly there seems to be fewer like him as time goes on.

9th March 2017
Written by a carer at St Luke's Hospital

An amazing dr who has the ability to sit & listen to anything & everything you have to say, answers any questions or worry's in layman' terms not long medical words! One of the most genuinely nicest consultants I have ever been fortunate to be under. I have been under his care for 5/6 years with a very rare & complex illness & honestly don't know what I would have done without his care or support over this time. Please don't ever retire! Lol

25th January 2017
Written by a patient at St Luke's Hospital

I have been his patient for over 15 years. Every time I needed to see him as a emergency I was given an appointment straight away. .He has been a great Doctor since I've known him and till this day I always prase about him. I am very lucky to have a such understanding doctor.

Nearest Neurologists