Dr Alan Wear

• Psychiatry

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

There are good doctors, brilliant doctors and then the next level up is dr wear. He is excellent. I saw dr wear as I was suffering with anxiety and unwanted thoughts. He listened to what I was going through and adjusted my medication. I am now back to normal and enjoying life.

8th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I felt that he genuinely cared what happened to me & wanted me to do well. Went above & beyond what I had expected.

7th October 2016
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I first met Dr Wear in June 2017. I was in the grip of a mental health crisis manifesting as depression, anxiety and chronic insomnia - at 50 years of age, this was the first time I had experienced such an event. His sensible decision to admit me for a short spell of inpatient care at The Priory Hospital was absolutely correct as I was able to receive intensive psychotherapy and quickly switch mediation. Nevertheless, at the time, going to a mental health unit felt like a fairly extreme course of action. Dr Wear was particularly reassuring towards my partner, who was understandably very upset in the circumstances. I attended my discharge meeting with Dr Wear yesterday and, while I recognise that I am still 'in recovery', I feel terrific. I would have absolutely no reservations about seeking Dr Wear's expert treatment should the need arise in the future.

10th July 2014
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

Dr Wear is brilliant! I've been seeing him for a long time now, and I'm the happiest I've ever been. He's helped my depression and helped me give up alcohol. I can't recommend him highly enough. Thank you!

22nd March 2014
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Wear, I found him to be very professional and human. I'm now in recovery and very grateful for the care and guidance provided by Dr Wear and the staff at the Priory Southampton.

Nearest Psychiatrists