Add your review of Dr Alan Swann

Psychiatry

How old are you?

Do you have any of the following long-standing conditions?

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.
   or

Dr Alan Swann

I currently work with two older adult community mental health teams based in Workington and Penrith, a total of two days per week.. I mainly see people you have been experiencing memory problems but they may also be experiencing other mental health difficulties. I also offer guidance and advice to my team colleagues should they need help with sorting out their patient's complex problems. A large part of my clinical job is to help people and their families make sense of what has been happening to them. I aim to make a clear diagnosis and jointly plan what happens next. Good quality communication with patients, their families, GP's and other agencies is very important for me. I try to do this as thoughtfully and as skilfully as possible. I have been a consultant in this speciality for nearly 20years. In addition to my clinical work I have a Clinical Director role in the Trust.

Specialties