Dr Aidan Turkington

• Psychiatry

Latest Reviews

5th September 2016
Written by a patient at Alexandra Gardens Day Hospital

Dr. Turkington was extremely dismissive of my illness and he offered and provided little help before finally dismissing me of his care. After waiting over 6 months to see him, a further 6 months between my first and second appointments and then a further year to see another psychiatrist, he wasted roughly 2 years of possible treatment I could have been receiving. When I spoke to him he implied I wasn't really that sick and that it appeared to be my personality that needed to be changed. I have since been diagnosed as a suffer of social anxiety and panic disorder by my next doctor. He also offered no advice, opinion or explanation as to why I suffer from permanent depersonalisation and derealisation. He compared me to the other sick people he sees everyday at the health centre. Very reductionist and counter productive to compare those with completely different disorders. He was comparing suffers of depression and SAD with those that have severe conditions, such as Schizophrenia and others with severe mentally impairment. How is that fair? He had asked me to do things that I was incapable of doing due to my illness. At my second appointment he said he longer needed to see me as I am unwilling to change. The reason I went in the first place was to change and seek help.

Short link to review Dr Aidan Turkington: http://iwgc.net/efrre