Share review of Dr Ahmed Mayet

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

7th January 2020

I’ve been struggling with my chest and a bad cough for 6 years since moving to the UK. Every winter as soon as I get my first cold I cough for the whole winter. I eventually feel better but the cough doesn’t go away. I’d previously been to a different surgery and on numerous times been in for the same thing and always told it was a virus. I even asked for a chest X-ray and was just told it was clear. Seeing Dr Mayet for the first time I explained my symptoms by that stage I’d been coughing for almost 5 weeks. He didn’t dismiss me like the other doctors did. He prescribed two inhalers and ordered a chest X-ray. He monitored my breathing with a peak flow metre to see if my lungs strengthened on the treatment. I have now been diagnosed with seasonal asthma. My symptoms are almost gone I do require the inhaler periodically and for exercise but I am no longer constantly coughing. I am so grateful he took the time to listen to me and actually consider that it might be more than just a virus.