Dr Afroze Abbas

Consultant Endocrinologist BSc PhD MBChB MRCP Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust General Endocrinology Sub-specialty expertise: 1. Calcium, vitamin D, osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders. 2. Adrenal disorders.

• Endocrinology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

I have been under the care of Dr Abbas for over three years since I was diagnosed with parathyroid cancer. In that time I have seen him on a regular basis due to recurring hypercalcaemia. Whenever I have an appointment the clinics run to time yet I never feel like I am being hurried in and out. He always has time to listen and answer any queries I may have. When I had an issue getting some medication Dr Abbas wrote to my Gp and put systems in place to ensure the problems didn't happen again. I have recently been discharged from hospital after an almost three month stay due to hypercalcemia, surgery and then hungry bone syndrome. During my stay Dr Abbas ensured I had an up to date plan for the nursing staff to follow and arranged for me to go home for a few hours on Christmas day which was much welcomed by myself and my family. I have always felt that Dr Abbas is an excellent consultant who does everything in his power to help me with my health issues. He is always very honest, which I like and need, we discuss what action needs to be taken and he chases up other staff who may kit have responded. I could go on but basically Dr Abbas has made my health journey a much easier one by being a major part of it. I would, and have, recommend him to anyone needing assistance in this field. Myself and my family will always be grateful for the way he has cared for me.

16th January 2017
Written by a member of staff at St James's University Hospital

During the time that I have spent working with Dr Abbas, I have seen him treat a number of patients. He has a wonderful manner when communicating and will always take the extra time to address each patient's concerns. He ensures they are fully informed and involved when making any treatment decisions. He is extremely thorough when assessing and managing patients, overall providing excellent care.

Nearest Endocrinologists