Dr Adrian Heald

• Endocrinology
  • Psychiatry

6th May 2017
Written by a patient at Victoria Infirmary

Saw Dr Heald in January 2017. He is so kind and personable, I felt like he really listened and understood what I was going through with my health issues. The medication he gave me for my Hypothyroidism has, literally, been life-changing. I couldn't recommend him more.

8th February 2017
Written by a patient at Macclesfield District General Hospital

Saw Dr Heald regarding a thyroid problem that made life very complicated due to the side effects (excessive tiredness, joint pain, depression etc.), Dr Heald explained patiently that it's all related and I'm not losing my mind, it's due to my thyroid not working as it should and that it's a complex and difficult process getting it right. After being brushed aside by GPs with I must imagine it all and I'm just getting older, it was a relief to have a Dr who took it seriously, tested for antibodies which we found, then even suggested a test for gluten intolerance as he said it is not uncommon that people with an auto-immune thyroid disease develop a gluten intolerance and some of my symptoms point to it, he was right and I tested positive for coeliac disease.

27th December 2013
Written by a patient at Leighton Hospital

Was under his care for 18 months, he never looked at any of my results, he gave large amounts of metformin which took over my life, my blood sugars are higher now than they have ever been also he referred me to a consultant that is no longer at the hospital. What can I say about this man but choose another consultant if you want to be cared for, seems to be more interested in politics than patients

Nearest Endocrinologists