Dr Adam Bray

Dermatology, Dermatological surgery, and Mohs Surgery. Specialising in skin cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.

15th February 2017
Written by a patient at Bristol Royal Infirmary

I saw Mr Bray at the BRI. I had a lentigo maligna on my cheek. Mr Bray explained throughly what he was going to do. He removed it all together last Thursday. He was the consummate professional. Took his time told me what he was doing and why. He was brilliant, as were the nurses who assisted him. I am going tomorrow to have my stitches removed. I am not in the least worried because I have complete trust in him. Thank you Mr Bray. If you need to see a dermatologist, Mr Bray is your man.

12th November 2016

I was referred to Dr Bray following consultation with another dermatologist who suspected that the lump on the side of my nose was a basal cell carcinoma that would need excision and a skin graft. I was impressed with Dr Bray from my first appointment: he is very calm, very reassuring and not in the least patronising, unlike so many doctors. Dr Bray carefully examined me and clearly explained what needed to be done and what I could expect. His secretary phoned to arrange my admission shortly afterwards. On the day of the op Dr Bray again clearly explained what would happen. The surgey was done under local anaesthetic and Dr Bray was very calm and reassuring during the two hours I was on the operating table. My skin graft healed really well (both donor site and the area on my nose) and even a few weeks afterwards comments were made about how unnoticeable it is. Follow up appointments were unhurried and Dr Bray answered all my questions thoroughly and gave advice to prevent future occurences. I am extremely pleased with every aspect of my care from Dr Bray and would recommend him without hesitation.

2nd November 2016
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

This was not the first time that I have had surgery for skin cancer and specifically surgery with the MOHS procedure. Having been 'around the block a few times' as it were, I am now much more focused on weather the guy with the knife 'can cut the mustard', rather than is he a nice guy and does his surgery have a good coffee machine. Unfortunately I have met some who could not spread butter with 'the knife'. I have to say that Dr Adam Bray is indeed a class act. He is incredibly professional, his attention to detail is second to none, NOTHING - BUT NOTHING slips past him. His preparation is meticulous and his team complete the less onerous tasks and paperwork, allowing him to focus on what he does best. He is a charming man, pleasant, considerate and more than willing to listen. If like me you need treatment which is perhaps a little more unusual or specialised, I believe that you would not be wise if you did not consider Dr Bray at the top of your list of consultants. I can unreservedly recommend Dr Bray's services.

30th April 2016

I was referred to Dr Bray last October to remove a tumour growing underneath my eye . He was recommended as an expert in MOHS surgery . I was extremely upset to have skin cancer but his manner was very reassuring . He was extremely consultative throughout . On the day of surgery he kept me calm and I knew I was in safe hands . The lab results came back promptly showing the cancer had been removed . I had a personal phone call from Dr Bray the next day to check I was ok. I have had several follow up appointments and again Dr Bray has been very professional and consultative . The area where the tumour was removed has healed very well and friends have commented what an amazing job Dr Bray has done . People who did not know I had had surgery have said they would have never known if I had not told them . Considering how big the tumour was it is incredible how well the area has healed . I would recommend Dr Bray to anyone . I am so pleased I was referred to him

4th February 2016

I saw Dr Bray through my company health insurance, having originally seen my NHS GP for what he suspected were mucous cysts on two toes. These had been recurring for number of months and, as my GP suggested the NHS would not treat this, he suggested using my insurance. It was very easy to book an appointment and I saw Dr Bray soon after contacting the Nuffield Bristol Chesterfield. Dr Bray was welcoming, knowledgeable and suggested a number of treatment options. He fully explained the procedures, their benefits/effects and why he would recommend a particular option in my case. Once agreed, and approved by my health provider, I quickly saw Dr Bray again where he again explained the procedure and what to expect both during the procedure and after. Following the procedure the after effects and recovery where as explained and within 3 weeks the was no evidence that the cysts ever existed and I'm happy to say 2 months later they haven't returned. Dr Bray also personally followed up with me a number of weeks later to ensure that my issue had been resolved.

Nearest Dermatologists