Dr Abdul Maher

Consultant Cardiologist. Specialises in Cardiac devices Cardiac MRI Echo/imaging Trans-oesophageal echocardiography Areas of interest Heart failure; Arrythmias; Cardiac Imaging; General Cardiology Qualifications MBChB Birmingham University 1998 BMedSci Birmingham University 1995 PhD Birmingham University 2012 Additional training British Society of Echocardiography Accreditation BSE 2011 HRUK Accreditation British Heart Rhythm Society 2013 Euro CMR Accreditation European Society Of Cardiovascular Magnetic Imaging 2012 SCMR Accreditation (American) Society Of Cardiovascular Magnetic Imaging 2012 Research interests The role of Transported Nitric Oxide in health and the treatment of Heart Failure. Publications Hypoxic modMaher AR, Milsom AB, Gunaruwan P, Abozguia K, Ahmed I, Weaver RA, Thomas P, Ashrafian H, Born GV, James PE, Frenneaux MP.ulation of exogenous nitrite-induced vasodilation in humans. Circulation. 2008 Feb 5;117 (5):670-7 Abdul R. Maher, Julian O. M. Ormerod, Sayqa Arif, Houman Ashrafian and Michael P. Frenneaux Xanthine Oxidoreductase and Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Do Not Contribute To Vascular Relaxation by Nitrite in Man. Submitted to the Clinical Science Impact of chronic congestive heart failure on pharmacokinetics and vasomotor effects of infused nitrite Abdul R Maher, Sayqa Arif, Melanie Madhani, Khalid Abozguia, Ibrar Ahmed, Bernadette O Fernandez, Martin Feelisch, A G O’Sullivan, Arthur Christopoulos, Aaron L Sverdlov, Doan Ngo, Rustem Dautov Philip E James†, John D Horowitz and Michael P Frenneaux. Submitted to British Journal of Pharmacology. Julian O.M. Ormerod, Houman Ashrafian, Abdul Maher, Sayqa Arif, Violetta Steeples, Gustav V.R. Born, Stuart Egginton, Martin Feelisch, Hugh Watkins, Michael P. Frenneaux. The Role of Vascular Myoglobin in Nitrite mediated blood vessel relaxation. Cardiovasc Res. 2011 Feb 15;89(3):560-5. Epub 2010 Oct 1.

• Cardiology

4th May 2016
Written by a patient at George Eliot Hospital

After a year of being passed from one Specialist to another with no result and losing my faith in the NHS, Dr Maher was the first Dr to really listen to me and my explanation of my symptoms. He totally understood what I was saying and took note. After examining me and asking further questions, he was, after a year of being messed about, able to give me a working diagnosis. Further tests are required to confirm his diagnosis, but basically after a year of feeling ill and useless he has given me back hope. Thank goodness for Dr Maher.

27th August 2015
Written by a patient at George Eliot Hospital

he did everything he possibly could to help my problem now i enjoy good health, i think we are very blessed to have his expertise in nuneaton!

15th July 2015
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

I felt very confident after my initial consultation with Dr Maher. He listened carefully to my condition and was very informative afterwards. His calm reassurance and expertise made the experience a positive one. He subsequently treated me with dignity, explained the procedure and was patient discussing any questions following it.

17th June 2015
Written by a patient at George Eliot Hospital

I have nothing but praise for Dr Maher. He was so very polite and compassionate. He listened and answered all of my questions. He explained things very clearly and concise. The appointment wasn't rushed and he was very caring. He is a brilliant Doctor.

5th March 2015
Written by a patient at George Eliot Hospital

He had read my notes prior to the appointment. Dr Maher spent time explaining my condition and the treatment options. This was not rushed and the explanation was very clear, he was very good at checking my understanding and asking if I had any questions. Great experience, recommended.

Short link to review Dr Abdul Maher: http://iwgc.net/effju