dr-abdul-gatrad-1

Dr Abdul Gatrad

Written by a carer at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital
8th December 2020

Dr Gatrad is always very supportive, helpful and spot on with his advice. He has been seeing my daughters over the last 4-5 years for various reasons and he has been nothing but professional, courteous and supportive. He always listens and does not always assume what the outcome is. He takes the time to understand and relate to what the problem is and then puts the right measures in place to help.

Written by a carer at Spire Little Aston Hospital
10th November 2020

I have seen Prof Gatrad with both of my Son's and I would highly recommend him. He is kind, caring and a great listener, taking everyone's thoughts and feelings into consideration. The care and treatment for the boys has been extremely thorough from start to finish. Blessed to have met such an amazing, trustworthy and reliable consultant, who I regularly recommend.

Written by a carer at Manor Hospital
9th November 2020

Professor Gatrad saw my daughter when she was 18 months old with 'floppy baby symptoms' and we have seen him a number of times since as well as him having kept in contact via telephone during Covid-19. Our first consultation took over an hour and he was incredibly thorough, he fully explained everything he was saying to ensure we understood all the points he was making. He did a full and thorough check on our daughter and gave me complete confidence (at what was a very worrying time) in his abilities and knowledge and that the correct action and next steps would be taken under his supervision. His manner was excellent with our baby/toddler and more importantly than anything, he clearly cares about his patients and their future health and wellbeing. He was geniune, trust worthy, kind and caring and obviously incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He wasted no time in identifying my daughters issues, telling us in that first meeting the likelihood of possible conditions, implications, outcomes and made a referral to a muscular specialist at a B'ham hospital as an outcome of our first meeting. Following this referral Prof. Gatrad has continued to stay in touch and track my daughter's progress through appointments at the Manor hospital before Covid and on the telephone since, to see if and how he can help and because he genuinely cares about our daughter's health and development. Prof Gatrad had previsously been recommended to me before our first visit from multiple sources and I can honestly say I am so pleased we were lucky enough to see him and would absolutely recommend him to anyone. Genuinely an amazing man, consultant and member of the community with all of his charitable work! A modern day superhero! Thank you Professor Gatrad.

Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital
4th November 2020

We are so happy to have chosen Professor Gatrad as the consultant for our daughter. From day one he has been fantastic - he’s caring, a good listener, obviously hugely experienced and knowledgeable within his field, and has been great in helping us improve the issues she was facing with her bowel movements. Even during COVID-19, where we have had appointments via telephone there’s been no change in the quality of advice and guidance we’ve been receiving. Thank you Professor!

Written by a carer at Manor Hospital
3rd November 2020

We went to see prof Gatrad after the gp was not interested in treating my 10 month old son who was suffering with reflux. Prof Gatrad listened to us and put our minds at ease. After starting treatment we noticed a huge difference in him and prof Gatrad was genuinely pleased. Such a kind and caring man.

• Paediatrics

Professor A R Gatrad OBE has been a child specialist at the Manor hospital for over 25 years. He is nationally and internationally known through many of his publications and the 2 books that he has written. He holds a national award for clinical excellence.

Nearest Paediatricians