dr-abdul-gatrad-1

Dr Abdul Gatrad

Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
4th January 2021

Prof Gatrad had been looking after our son for over a year now. We can’t speak highly enough of the professionalism, knowledge and level if care we have received for him. Throughout the entire process our concerns were listened to very well and all the decisions which were made with regards to treatment were clearly explained, in a manner which we could understand. The consultations were never rushed and we always felt so very reassured after the each session. We feel he takes a real interest in our son and this is an invaluable trait and he has helped him tremendously.

Written by a carer at Manor Hospital
4th January 2021

I can't speak more highly of Professor Gatrad. 2 of my boys have been under his care, we trust him totally. His medical knowledge is of the highest order. He always explains things in simple terms and has been very professional with both children. He listened to our concerns and but the children's minds at ease. I would very much recommend Dr Gatrad. Thank you! Kind regards, R Pemberton

Written by a carer at Spire Little Aston Hospital
29th December 2020

We are so pleased that we chose Professor Gatrad and that our son was in his outstanding care. As you'd expect, Professor Gatrad is vastly experienced and knowledgeable. Moreover his softer skills such as listening, clear explanations, seeing the bigger picture, understanding parental strains were excellent and showed a compassionate approach to not only treating our son but guiding us through it. I never once felt rushed with Professor Gatrad and throughout has been very caring showing outstanding professional and emotional intelligence. Immensely grateful we were in your care. Thank you.

Written by a patient at Manor Hospital
12th December 2020

I am really pleased with the care I have so far received in respect of my daughter Zara. The first consultation lasted approx. 1 hour, in which time he listened carefully and I felt he had all the time in the world whilst I aired my concerns. He was very patient and showed empathy. Due to the current Covid situation, the consultation took place via Zoom and whilst he spoke to Zara, he was very child friendly and spoke with her at a level she could understand. He was very thorough, made various suggestions we could try and clearly explained the next steps to be taken. I feel he has a gift of putting people at ease. He was very reassuring and I would highly recommend him. Thank you Professor Gatrad!

Written by a carer at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital
8th December 2020

Dr Gatrad is always very supportive, helpful and spot on with his advice. He has been seeing my daughters over the last 4-5 years for various reasons and he has been nothing but professional, courteous and supportive. He always listens and does not always assume what the outcome is. He takes the time to understand and relate to what the problem is and then puts the right measures in place to help.

• Paediatrics

Professor A R Gatrad OBE has been a child specialist at the Manor hospital for over 25 years. He is nationally and internationally known through many of his publications and the 2 books that he has written. He holds a national award for clinical excellence.

Nearest Paediatricians