Mr Andrew Ballaro

I have been a consultant urological surgeon for 10 years and aim to provide a high quality comprehensive general urological service. I have a major interest in the management of kidney stones and perform high volume complex stone surgery including ultra-mini PCNL with highly competitive published and nationally benchmarked outcomes. I teach trainee urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Ballaro engaged with me from the start and during my visit discovered another issue which needed urgent attention. A surgical procedure - my first at 57 - was a concern for me but his professional manner put me at ease. The surgery he performed was first class and has vastly improved my quality of life. This was underpinned by the first class environment and quality of staff I experienced. Thoroughly recommended.

28th August 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I can not praise Mr. Ballaro enough. He has a superb bedside manner and gives confidence to his patients. He improved the quality of life for my Father immeasurably and he was willing to discuss treatment/prognosis in length, taking into consideration my Father's age. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

17th August 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I consulted Mr Ballaro on spotting traces of blood in my urine following an episode of really severe flu like vomiting. I'm approaching my 75th birthday, generally fit and well, but with x ray and HIFU treatments of two separate incidents of prostate cancer in the last decade. Following a series of scans and an internal camera 'survey' it turns out that I'm fine but (with considerable recent experience of other consultants) I'm writing to remark on the focus, reassurance and dignity of Andrew's approach. He listened carefully to every concern I expressed (and accurately and fully related everything in his subsequent update to my GP). He rationally urged me, against my reluctance, to follow his recommended course of prudent investigation, the results of which supported his initial guidance as to the likely cause of the bleeding. He didn't ration his time, he listened and he 'cared'.

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Top class urologist and organised an operation at short notice on a large kidney stone. Would highly recommend Andrew. Always helpful and was available when I needed assistance and advice.

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I am under the care of Mr Andrew Ballaro for kidney stones. I find him to be a very nice and polite doctor. He is very attentive and listens to what I need to say or ask questions. He explains the findings in detail and ensures that I understand. He is thorough. He is willing to help in any way he can by requesting an investigation for a problem which I have been worried about. He reassures me and makes me feel well looked after.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Ballaro: http://iwgc.net/eeozm