Mr Andrew Ballaro

I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon at BHR NHS Trust and provide a comprehensive urological service, I also have a major interest in the management of kidney stones. I have been a consultant for almost 10 years and am clinical lead for the urology department. I train urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

• Urology

6th November 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Very caring, gave lots of explanation. Visited me before and after my operation personally. i receovered quickly, so must have had great care!

7th September 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Mr Ballaro preformed surgery on my to remove kidney stones. I can't thank him and his team enough for the care I have received. I was in and out of hospital within one day and was up and mobile within a couple of days. I can only say positive things about my experience with Mr Ballaro, his team and the NHS as a whole.

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I would like to thank Mr Ballaro for his treatment of my kidney stones. Mr Ballaro quickly diagnosed the root cause of my prolonged abdominal pain and successfully removed a number of large kidney stones. Mr Ballaro demonstrated his extensive knowledge in the field of urology but more importantly was able to communicate clearly with the patient both explaining the medical condition and recommended treatment in such a manner that the patient could feel relaxed & confident in the ability of Mr Ballaro to resolve the problem. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Ballaro to future patients

10th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

I went to see Mr Ballaro for kidney stones, once he made the necessary checks, he found a stone in my ureter near my kidney, and agreed to operate as soon as the next day, which was outstanding, (Because I was going on holiday the coming week.) He made me feel very comfortable. Post-op I experienced some discomfort and pain from the procedure, I called the hospital and Mr Ballaro called me back as soon as he could, which was very comforting, I would highly recommend him.

4th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Andrew Ballaro has provided me with an absolutely exceptional professional service during the last few months in his care.His immediate diagnosis and treatment for my high pressure chronic urine retention was brilliant and reassuring.This was followed a few weeks later with a Turp operation which has produced fantastic and lifechanging results for me.This is due no doubt to his highly experienced surgical skills.On top of all this he is a very friendly and nice man to deal with.Without hesitation I recommend him for any urological problems and concerns.