Mr Andrew Ballaro

I have been a consultant urological surgeon for 10 years and aim to provide a high quality comprehensive general urological service. I am highly experienced in the diagnosis and management of all urological problems and have a major interest in the comprehensive management of kidney stones and prostate problems and perform high volume complex stone surgery including ultra-mini PCNL and laser surgery. I teach trainee urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

1st November 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr Ballaro was great from the moment I saw him,totally professional.wish I saw him from the beginning of my treatment.He should give lessons on how to be a doctor and how to treat patients.

10th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Very kind helpful and very good to make you feel better

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Absolutely brilliant Consultant. Was able to remove my kidney stones where a surgeon and another consultant had failed, causing me much illness, pain and distress. This was caused by me having a grossly enlarged prostate, which Mr Ballaro was able to bypass by skill and perseverance. Such a difference in care to what I had previously experienced. He takes time to explain fully any problems, and listens to concerns. I cannot praise him enough. (I'm not a family member).

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Ballaro engaged with me from the start and during my visit discovered another issue which needed urgent attention. A surgical procedure - my first at 57 - was a concern for me but his professional manner put me at ease. The surgery he performed was first class and has vastly improved my quality of life. This was underpinned by the first class environment and quality of staff I experienced. Thoroughly recommended.

28th August 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I can not praise Mr. Ballaro enough. He has a superb bedside manner and gives confidence to his patients. He improved the quality of life for my Father immeasurably and he was willing to discuss treatment/prognosis in length, taking into consideration my Father's age. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Ballaro: http://iwgc.net/eeozm