Mr Andrew Ballaro

I have been a consultant urological surgeon for 10 years and aim to provide a high quality comprehensive general urological service. I have a major interest in the management of kidney stones and perform high volume complex stone surgery including ultra-mini PCNL with highly competitive published and nationally benchmarked outcomes. I teach trainee urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

13th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

Mr Ballaro is a consummate professional who offered sage and clear advice when I needed to have a 2.5cm kidney stone removed via mini PCNL. I was of course anxious about the procedure, but after discussing this with Mr Ballaro any questions I had were comprehensibly answered, and I gained an extremely good understanding of the surgery that I needed. Both prior to, during my hospital stay and after the surgery Mr Ballaro was available to answer any further questions I had. Prior to surgery he clearly explained the procedure again and post surgery he visited me in recovery and the next day in my hospital room. I felt well cared for and at every point during my care I had everything I needed to make a swift recovery and remain well informed. Post surgery I had some pain, but after removal of the stent (one week post surgery) this was minimal and the incision point healed very quickly. I would wholeheartedly recommend Mr Ballaro to anyone undergoing this type of surgery. The experience I had was very positive.

4th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Ballaro is just exceptional - not only a fantastic consultant, but extremely personable Cannot thank him enough for the amazing treatment and counsel. No hesitation at all in giving positive recommendations for his services.

12th May 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

This doctor changed my life by the treatment that he recommended for me after several failed attempts by other doctors myself and family thank him for that

1st May 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

fantastic treatments

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

Dr Ballaro was superb throughout my procedures. He was reassuring and listened to me and was always available if I needed him post op.