Psychiatry-UK

http://www.psychiatry-uk.com/, PO Box 329, WC1A 1 2 3 4 5 166 reviews

23rd January 2021

On the advice of a friend, I asked to be referred to Psychiatry UK via Right to Choose, for diagnosis of adult ADHD, rather than to the more standard route within my CCG. Instead of a wait of a year or two (which I did not think was feasible due to the significant adverse effects my ADHD was having on my mental health) I was seen within a fortnight of referral, and medicated a couple of weeks after. I received a blood pressure monitor in the post to ensure I could be monitored throughout the titration process - this was very helpful. The prescribing nurse I was allocated (Hannah Woodmansey) has been fantastic, responding to any queries I had very quickly, and keeping me updated at every stage on the dedicated secure portal. The whole experience has been easy, straightforward and stress free. I have already recommended this route to a couple of friends who were seeking the same diagnosis and the one who has taken it has had a similar experience to my own.

20th January 2021

I found P-UK through a friend. The NHS had a 2 year waiting list and I couldn't wait for that period without treatment without further significant damage to my mental health. My psychiatrist was supportive throughout the appointment and diagnosed me with combined-type ADHD. For treatment, she prescribed stimulant medication and also recommended ADHD coaching. Getting the meds right, I was warned could take up to 4 months. She said it would be Life Changing. That was an understatement. With the meds and the coaching I receive through P-UK, I have been able to implement wide-ranging changes so I now feel more able to be a Functional Adult. While I recognise, I've done the work...I also want to acknowledge how much P-UK has supported me and enabled me to implement the changes that mean I make better choices with regards to my health and wellbeing, I'm able to meet my financial and personal responsibilities. They have made this easier. They listened. Provided helpful suggestions. I feel safe in their hands and would recommend them without hesitation to my family and friends...and anyone who is considering make this investment in their mental health.

19th January 2021

Brilliant doctors, support and service. Highly reccomend.

15th January 2021

Excellent features of Psychiatry-UK: 1. Very short waiting list 2. Diagnosis was performed by an experienced adult ADHD specialist. I have read many reports of psychiatrists who do not understand the presentation of ADHD in adults or even that adults can be affected by it. 3. I had requested the referral to Psychiatry-UK after self-diagnosing with ADHD. I'd discovered and then researched the condition as part of a long search for explanations for lifelong difficulties (and particularly chronic, therapy-resistant anxiety and depression). The psychiatrist I saw accepted my competence to assess myself (though obviously conducted a thorough evaluation.) I've read reports of doctors and psychiatrists who become oppositional if a patient comes to them with a self-diagnosis, assuming either malingering or hypochondria. 4. Consistent communication from Psychiatry-UK throughout the process. 5. Online assessment and communication portal was very effective especially under current circumstances! 6. Effective and communicative nurse practitioner during titration. 7. Effective and rapid prescription of medications. Very helpful for someone with problems organising information and retaining prescription slips! Room for improvement: The psychiatrist was very helpful and asked useful questions that helped me to articulate evidence of ADHD throughout my life. I'd done a wide spread of reading beforehand, and questionnaires were sent to me and my partner in advance of the meeting. Even so I wasn't sure if I was articulating sufficient evidence from childhood - my ADHD became disruptive when I became an adult, but was compensated for by adults and masked by other more obvious sources of distress (bereavement) during my childhood. More guidance, workflows, worksheets, an online interactive module or guidance video, or other processes supporting patients to find evidence from childhood may help people feel more secure about the diagnostic interview, and help them bring more useful evidence to the diagnostic interview.

Bb

14th January 2021

The referral process was quicker and more stress free than I ever could have imagined, which is obviously a huge positive. When I met with the psychiatrist for my diagnosis over video call, I was well informed of the process but the psychiatrist did come across a little shut off so part of me felt slightly patronised at times. Overall I got the diagnosis I was looking for which is great, the process seemed more of a case of ticking symptom boxes rather than interacting with me on a personal scale, I would've liked to have been asked more things in detail and to have connected with the psychiatrist more. I would highly recommend psychiatry UK and have already done to various peers, although personally I probably would have felt better being able to choose which psychiatrist to speak to.

14th January 2021

Absolutely amazing service. Considerate, understanding and informative! Shocked at how good this service has treated me in regards to previous experience with psychological health care.

14th January 2021

I found the experience of diagnosis and initial treatment for adult ADHD at Psychiatry UK extremely user friendly, and the quality of care second to none.

11th January 2021

I had a great experience using P-UK, I was a little overwhelmed with the selection of psychiatrists at the point of booking, but I feel I made the correct choice after all. I filled out some forms as best I could, had my first appointment and around an hour later came out with a diagnosis for ADHD which had gone under the radar for almost 30 years. Definitely worth the cost!

10th January 2021

Very good service

Psychiatry-UK was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

{{category}} working at Psychiatry-UK ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Psychiatry-UK: http://iwgc.net/empzu