Psychiatry-UK

Trewalder Chapel, Trewalder, Cornwall, PL33 9ET 1 2 3 4 5 468 reviews

5th August 2022

I am really happy with and grateful for the treatment I received through Psychiatry UK. Both my prescriber and psychiatrist were friendly, empathetic and eager to help. The whole process was very smooth and a lot quicker than I expected which was a huge relief. I highly recommend this service.

3rd August 2022

Very happy with the service my son received, they were kind considerate patient, engaging and listened to all our concerns about his diagnosis, kindly helped follow up on other pathways, provided helpful information, links and books etc, could not have wanted a more approachable and helpful team for my very shy teen.

Safe
Written by a private patient
26th July 2022

Very quick. Got appt on 2 days notice for titration review with doctor, impressive.

26th July 2022

I found the process from referral to diagnosis with Psychiatry UK straight forward. The resources on its website are extremely helpful and noticed a vast improvement in information (blogs, advice etc) on Adult ADHD and ADHD in women from when I first accessed the site in Summer 2021 to Summer 2022. The security on the site is reassuring and I feel confident that my personal details are safe. The site is easy to use although I am very familiar with technology. I preferred the consultations this way than a face to face consultation. Others may not be. The only observation for improvement is the length of time it took between referral and consultation, however, I understand that the pandemic had a big negative impact on people's mental health and access to PsychUK's service was unprecedented during 2020 and they had to recruit many more psychiatrists to deal with the demand. I would highly recommend Psychiatry UK under the right to choose.

21st July 2022

My first nurse was not well suited to my needs and did not listen to what I said or offer helpful advice/recommendations. I asked to change nurses and this process was quick and handled smoothly and my second nurse was much more suitable for my needs and communication preferences. Some of the forms and procedures operated by PUK are confusing, not well explained, and/or redundant, but I appreciate that services like this which see a lot of patients for different reasons are restricted in what they can offer in terms of administration. Overall although I felt that the service could have been improved, I am very happy with my treatment and decision to approach PUK and feel that I received the treatment I needed.

20th July 2022

Quick to respond to my referral and emails and clear with their timescales and I actually got an appointment much sooner than I expected.

19th July 2022

I have come to the end of my care under Dr Sreenath and cannot convey how grateful I am for the care and attention I have received. In our virtual sessions he has been welcoming, reassuring and it has been easy to build rapport and a therapeutic relationship from the start. I feel that I have been listened to and understood throughout and have had prompt responses to any messages I have sent. I am in a much better mental state and feel that the treatment for my condition is going incredibly well thanks to Dr Sreenath!

17th July 2022

I was referred to Psychiatry UK by my Doctor. I found my treatment from the diagnosis, to the titration to be excellent. I was kept up to date with information about my treatment, and queries were dealt with very promptly. I'm 56, and so glad that I found this help and medication at this stage in my life. Better late than never, as they say. I'm so grateful for the help I received.

17th July 2022

I began to suspect that I had ADHD in early 2021 through learning more about it via social media and the experiences of others. After a very thorough virtual appointment with the lovely Dr. Ghetau, this diagnosis was confirmed - a huge relief for me after a lifetime of struggling and uncertainty as to why. She was frank and personable, which made the assessment and subsequent communication extremely easy for me to handle as someone who often struggles with advocating for myself and speaking with others. She suggested that I also seek an autism assessment, which is something I'm currently in the process of - this extra information was extremely helpful for me in my ongoing journey of understanding my own neurodiversity. Once I had my ADHD diagnosis, I decided to proceed with medication, titrated by Psychiatry UK. While the process to have this approved by my local GP was slow, this was not unexpected given the peak pandemic timeframe. Psychiatry-UK, both Dr. Ghetau and the admin team, were very helpful and supportive and it felt like a team effort the whole time. Around 11 months after my initial diagnosis (8 of which were spent back-and-forthing with my stretched GP practice), I had began the medication titration process. This was titrated by Dean Tipton, who was thorough, clear, supportive and really friendly. I felt really comfortable discussing any side effects with Dean, as well as the positive journey of stabilising on medication. Dean's enthusiasm for my improvement was so wonderful and really gave me the confidence that I'm on the right track. After a few adjustments, including a switch to a slightly different brand of medication due to supply chain issues, we have found a dosage that works for me and I couldn't be more pleased. My experience with Psychiatry-UK, and particularly the incredible care and attentiveness that Dean displayed, has been second to none. I would recommend them to anybody - you will never feel pressured or like you're "in the wrong". It's worth taking that leap of faith because they'll help you fly.

17th July 2022

I accessed treatment through Psychiatry UK via the NHS 'Right To Choose'. I'm so happy I discovered this and did so. There are long waiting times between major events (such as the initial appointment, starting titration, etc.), but it's worth it. Plus, I was very lucky that when a new, earlier appointment became available, I was contacted by the admin team to ask if I'd like to change to it. Despite the long waiting times, I felt heard throughout the process. The doctor who initially took the assessment session (and went on to become my linked doctor to my process) understood how worried I was about explaining everything and reassured me from the get-go. She recommended a titration plan (the process of figuring out the best medication and dosages for me) that suited the struggles I was facing. After a while, I started titration. My assigned pharmacist was great in picking up on any issues I mentioned in my monitoring forms and provided recommendations accordingly. He was solid in making adjustments that helped me feel more comfortable, and we've finally worked out the perfect way for me to manage taking my dosages. (All the while, he provided reminders that if lower dosages felt more comfortable, I could stick with those.) Admittedly, the weekly monitoring may be tough for people similar to me whose weakness is constant documenting. But it's worth trying to push through and keep it up, and so essential. I'm so, so glad I had my assessment with Psychiatry UK, and only wish I'd been able to access their services years sooner.

Safe

Psychiatry-UK was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

{{category}} working at Psychiatry-UK ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Psychiatry-UK: http://iwgc.net/empzu