Psychiatry-UK

http://www.psychiatry-uk.com/, PO Box 329, WC1A 1 2 3 4 5 230 reviews

16th April 2021

Dr Neel was so understanding, listened to me and reassuring and treated me with with respect. He provided me with the relevant information and for the first time in years I felt a medical professional has taken me seriously. Thank you

15th April 2021

Dr Arun Kishore was extremely professional and friendly. I was nervous before my adhd assessment but he made sure to keep me calm and engaged.

15th April 2021

Absolutely life changing. For background before Psychiatry UK I was with the UK NHS, and was treated unsuccessfully for a mood disorder I was misdiagnosed with. I was on the NHS waiting list for 3 years with no end in sight, and nobody in the NHS seemed to care. Frustrated by this I decided to look at private healthcare. I first made an appointment with PUK for mood disorder and was seen in 3 days, given a correct diagnosis and a treatment plan. I was seen by Dr Kulik who was fantastic, professional and understanding. Within weeks I was feeling much better, and I was monitored carefully over the following year. I was later assessed for ADHD by Dr Losada-Perez and again, very thorough and professional. I was so pleased with the service that I paid for my partner to be assessed too. Thanks to PUK I am in great health, for the first time in my adult life. And all from the comfort of my own home. It's worth every penny, and if you're not getting anywhere on the NHS I really encourage you to look at this as an option.

14th April 2021

I previously posted a review the day after my initial consultation and diagnosis. I was initially very pleased with the service and the psychiatrist who was performing the assessment was very professional and made me feel at ease. Once I received my diagnosis, I was told that it would take 6 weeks for the titration period to begin. I am now on week 11 and I still haven't had any communication with the nurse. I initially followed up on week 6 and was told that I would start within two weeks. When that time passed, I contacted them again and they said that I would start within any 10 working day period. The period has passed again and I've still not been contacted by the nurse to commence the titration period. Given the expense of the service, this process has been far below my expectations and wish I went with another practice. I was hoping to be in a quiet period at work when I started my medication but this will no longer be the case and the inability of Psychiatry-UK to manage my expectations has made things a lot more difficult.

14th April 2021

Dr Neel was very helpful and informative and walked me through things in a thorough way. I look forward to starting my journey on learning how to manage my now diagnosed ADHD.

13th April 2021

Dr Mehboob Yaqub was so understanding, listened to me and reassuring and treated me with with respect. He provided me with the relevant information and for the first time in years I felt a medical professional has taken me seriously. Thank you DR Yaqub

13th April 2021

Fantastic service; friendly, understanding, efficient and easy to work with.

13th April 2021

I’ve had a very successful and satisfying experience through the services provided by Psychiatry UK. Although I felt frustrated with certain delays along the way at times, looking back and now knowing the time-frames and other factors contributing to delays - I fully understand and appreciate that the time period from start to finish, was far better than it felt subjectively. I have only the highest of recommendations for the treatment from my diagnosing psychiatrist, and the nurse who took care of me. Both were highly professional, warm, caring and ultimately - have changed my life to a great extent. I would without a doubt, recommend Psychiatry UK to anyone looking to end the struggle of living with undiagnosed ADHD.

9th April 2021

Fantastic service, quick and efficient care.

9th April 2021

I was seen by Dr Ghetau for ADHD and was diagnosed as such. I've left a review of my great experience with her over on her page. I came here to say that alongside Dr Ghetau, the experience I've received with everyone I've spoken with at Psychiatry UK had been incredible. From the very beginning even the staff on reception were so helpful and reassuring. Initially I paid for my assessment privately but the reception staff helped me to contact my gp and get my service transferred onto the right to choose scheme, saving me money in the long run. This was no small task as I have spent years trying to get anyone in the NHS to take me seriously and I just kept being fobbed off until eventually all the Adult ADHD services in my county were defunded and completely ceased. As a result trying to convince my gp that a right to choose was not the same as an independent funding request was seemingly impossible. P-UK were fantastic on the phone and helped me get together the documents needed to secure a referral. I have recently done the same thing for an ASD assessment also and I'm waiting on my gp to send it off. The service has also been super helpful when a friend of mine who was also assessed and diagnosed had forgotten to get in touch to advice her medication had run out, without them she was finding the idea of calling them overwhelming and they spoke with me on the phone and between us without providing me any of her patient details (for data protection) they were still able to find her account and then reach out to her to help get something sorted for her. Everyone I've been in touch with has been super helpful and reassuring and has never made me feel like a burden or a nuisance in the way i have felt on the NHS. Thanks so much to everyone, I have been recommending you to anyone I can who thinks they need an assessment.

Safe

Psychiatry-UK was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

{{category}} working at Psychiatry-UK ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Psychiatry-UK: http://iwgc.net/empzu