mr-ian-reilly-1

Mr Ian Reilly

Written by a patient at Danetre Hospital
23rd December 2020

Mr Reilly has operated on both my feet (Mar 19 & Nov 20) and each time he has been really helpful and friendly, as well as being completely professional when discussing my feet (pre & post op) : one of the most approachable surgeons I have met (I've had several surgeries). When I had a few post-op problems last year and e-mailed the team with my worries, it was Mr Reilly who replied back almost immediately. I really felt he was totally involved with my care and I wasn't passed onto a junior collegue once the op was done.

28th December 2020
Response from Mr Ian Reilly

Thank you for this lovely review. It is very much appreciated and nice to know my (an my team's) efforts don't go unnoticed. TY

Written by a patient at Three Shires Hospital
18th September 2018

In 2015 my podiatrist had advised me I was going to need the best for my feet, and he recommended I see Mr Reilly. I can't praise Mr Reilly highly enough. I traveled from Norwich to his Northampton BMI Clinic over the past 3 yrs, during which time he performed the multiple range of correctional surgical procedures that were needed on each foot. If he was in Scotland I would still do the journey, and here are some of the reasons why - To compliment his high standards of professionalism, his extensive knowledge, and passion about his vocation shows no bounds, and this is evident in his innovative contributions to Podiatry, always seeking better surgical outcomes, and patient experience. His enthusiasm is infectious, and there is a real 'Team' dynamic in consultations, rather than doctor talking at/down to patient. He's very down to earth, and always honest about surgical outcomes, explaining everything; leaving the patient feeling informed, and supported throughout. He treated me the same in his private and NHS Clinic. He has a genuine desire to help where possible. His surgical proficiency has enabled this ex-soldier to pass their basic fitness test cross country, and 21yrs after having left service - but most of all freedom from a lot of pain, and the ability to enjoy the great outdoors once again. He is an absolute credit to his profession. Do go and see him.

I qualified as a Podiatric Surgeon in 1996 and have performed over 9,000 surgical procedures. I have a particular interest in bunion and soft tissue surgery and have lectured internationally on plastic surgical procedures of the foot.

Short link to review Mr Ian Reilly: http://iwgc.net/en8kn