Letrozole (Femara)

27th May 2020

I have been taking arimidex for 18 months then exemerstane for 9 months then letrozole since i will have been on them for 10 years in september then i come off them. I literally cant wait as its made me a disabled person cant walk more than 50 yards and all my bones are in agony ive got a trigger finger bought on with them cant sleep hands go numb in bed my right hip and left knee keep giving way im in total agony. Im really hoping that things will return to normal after september as cant carry on much longer in all this pain. I was on cocodemols for years 8 a day they made no difference whatsoever so stopped taking them ive also stopped taking statins for my cholestral.

20th May 2020

I have been taking this hormone tablet for 5months , I have found I do now suffer a few side-effects with tendons problems in my hands and fingers, I do occasionally suffer from nausea, leg pain, insomnia. Even after all that I would still endorse this hormone as its saving my life .

23rd January 2020

Since starting on Letrozole, I have been suffering from pains in joints and muscles, particularly in my legs. The problem progressively got worse over time and I found it increasingly difficult to propel my legs, and especially difficult climbing stairs. By chance one month I was given a batch of tablets made by a different manufacturer. Almost immediately the pains began to ease and I managed to move much easier. I have now managed to get switched to the new make and, although I still suffer some aches and pains, I have a much better quality of life than i did while on the other make.

Understanding

Femara (letrozole) lowers oestrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumours that need oestrogen to grow in the body.

Short link to review Letrozole (Femara): http://iwgc.net/e8hp